1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 durango oil change

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:41 PM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well im changin my oil today... its pretty dark lookin... dont have the money right now for mobile one so im puttin castrol 10w-30 in it..

Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Castrol is another high end product. If you plan on wanting full synthetic make wire it's the SynPower rather than Syntec. Syntec is a synthetic blend but is still a high quality oil. Good to know another person is worried about changing their oil. I think it's funny yet sad how people come on here and complain about how much Dodge sucks when they just didn't change their oil.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
srch4me
All Star

ya... some guy at the autostore tried to tell me to put 10w-40 in it but i said screw you give me what i ask for... lol... anyhow... i didn't get to change it today so it will have to wait till sunday... had to work on my moms van... oil change and fluids and such... in the rain... woo... coverals weigh a ton now...

Old 04-15-2011, 08:30 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Yeah dude my diesel takes 15w-40 and I wouldn't put anything but 10w-30 in the Durango. Maybe 5w-30 if it was really cold but still then IDK...

Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 PM
duramgo03
Professional

I change my oil every 3000 religiously and have always used just plain old Wally-World 10w-30 and a Mopar brand filter. As for the 64k miles that I have put on my truck, the oil is coming out still somewhat clear.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
I think it's funny yet sad how people come on here and complain about how much Dodge sucks when they just didn't change their oil.
Driving
On
Damn
Good
Engineering

Old 04-15-2011, 09:41 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

How about this one:

Dem
Old
Dudes
Go
Everywhere

Old 04-15-2011, 10:26 PM
srch4me
All Star

I wouldn't trade my dodge for anything. I love this rig :}

Old 04-15-2011, 11:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jveley96
In my opinion, the brand doesn't matter, the only difference is the viscosity, synthetic or non synthetic. Its kinda like buying gas, it’s all the same $hit.

Talkin about oil is like talkin about spark plugs, each has their own, but some are better then others.

To make a blunt statement like that is pure ignorance because you obviously have no idea what you’re talking about and you clearly don't care about what is better. Instead you hear the hype and are the company mans prey because you have failed to inform yourself about all the details that should be needed to ensure and calculate the best decision compared to the facts at hand.

You present yourself as an ignorant person that only believes in what is told to you by commercials and high paid advertisers instead of asking questions and making a correct analogy.

If you do this you become a lawful man prey.

Instead of this life style, you should become informed and understand your choice. Then you become an independent "informed" person to get the best product for your money invested, thus bringing you the best desired output for the inputted materials. Why would you invest thousands of dollars for a $2 savings, to me that is just stupid.

Next, can someone explain how and why an impact gun would be used on an oil drain plug?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
MN_DeeDee
Amateur

When I used to live in Colorado, I had a trusted mechanic. He used to say that the molecules in pure synthetic oil were smaller than dino oil. Older and high mileage engines that are worn or have looser tolerances would probably start to burn this oil as it got past the rings.

He always recommended either a synthetic blend or regular dino oil and suggested Mobile 1 for my Durango - I've had no reason to switch to any other brand. I change my oil between 3,000 and 5,000 miles depending on my driving at the time.

I do not know if what that mechanic said is indeed factual, but I have no reason to doubt him.

Quick Reply: 98 durango oil change