1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

I want your opinion on upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 PM
lucas287
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, makes sense. I DO NOT know everything! Never claimed too! In fact, I know very little lol...in comparison.

So what you are saying is headers do not give you more power, just move your power band around to make it feel like you have more power at "x" rpm?

If so, then maybe this is a better way to explain my results:

I feel more power down low and in the mid range, maybe not overall power just more where you need it.

As far as the aftermarket gimics...yeah those are a joke...i dont even look at aftermarket claims for they have their ways to manipulate the dyno.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, you are now correctly informed.

Now you might get a few HP or TQ but nothing like what the companies state. You feel more off the line feeling and mid feeling because the torque curve is now higher at lower RPM whereas it used to start off low and gain sharply to a head then drop back off again. So now it starts off higher and is a slight curve in retrospect. Now the high RPM side isn't going to change much.

If you hooked up to a dino the top numbers are going to be close as they were before.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My PPH headers gave me like millions of hp and a dead battery at 15* You gotta buy them brand new though. URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/GTCombination/Truck/?action=view&current=MVI_2481.flv] [/URL]

Quick Reply: I want your opinion on upgrades...