1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

My Newest Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Instant Classic//
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Newest Project

Ok, so I have my 2000 Durango Sport, and it came with the (boring)cloth seats. I wanted to go with leather. So, after a year of searching, I found a whole set...but the front seats were ripped. I couldn't pass up the back seats though, so I picked um up for $50(for both rows). I then started searching for front seats, and 2 hours later I had found some....they are Leather/Cloth R/T edition seats. They match up perfect with the rear seats(excluding the R/T trim, which I do not mind) Now of course, they are power and heated, and I have the switches and also the connectors for underneath the seat, but my car does not have power seats. No problem really, thats an easy fix. Now, all I need is the wiring harness that goes from the center console to both seats, including the wires up to the switches(the switches I got have the wires, but do to the workers not being "bright", they cut them off instead of unplugging). If any of you know where I can pick one up, let me know. Pics will come sometime after I finish.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Brekar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would hit up your local junkyard first. When I went to my local junkyard looking for some parts I found several extra things that I didn't necessarily need but could stock away for a rainy day. You might get lucky and find one for yourself...

Old 08-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Instant Classic//
Rookie

That's actually where I found everything. I need one little thing though, does anyone know what fuse number 21 is on a 2000 Dodge Durango? Im thinking it can be used for a power source for my 'Rango's power seats, since there is no fuse in slot 21 and it has power.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Instant Classic//
That's actually where I found everything. I need one little thing though, does anyone know what fuse number 21 is on a 2000 Dodge Durango? Im thinking it can be used for a power source for my 'Rango's power seats, since there is no fuse in slot 21 and it has power.
On my rig its marked "spare" and in the FSM its marked "not used" so, my best guess would be it would be okay to used for whatever.. it's a 25a curcuit breaker...

Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

25 amp fuse, circuit breakers are resettable and rarely (iv never had to do it)need replacement

Old 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Instant Classic//
Rookie

I wanted to update this(Even though it has been such a long time). I did complete this project, and it turned out teriffic. I used the 25 amp fuse to power the seats(my wiring wasn't exactly pretty, and I just have the wire along the fuse in the box). All power works, and I had some issues with the center console. Since mine had the seat/console, I wanted a console that would A. Fit and B. Match. I found a light gray console, and painted it black(as my interior is dark gray). I also recieved the heating duct with the console. Since mine(in the vehicle stock) wasn't set up the same, I had to modify the existing duct. I cut it, and fit in the insert that allows the air to flor to the knee level vents in the console. To be quite honest, this was a novice project all and all, and it took me longer to find the seats then to install them. HOWEVER. I could not find the cluster I needed for the heaters, so, i just didn't wire them for now. I may not even do it.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for updating

Old 11-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Compactc9
Veteran

Not sure it would fit too easily, but if you ever come across the right colored console in a 2001-3 it would have the cut outs for for the switches. I'm not sure where the heat switches would go on the older style console, and you'd have to cut the holes out since the seats weren't heated until 2001 I believe.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

98-00 the switches for the heated seats where on the floor, to the right of the 4x4 shifter under the tray....

glad you updated....again thanks....but,

Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 AM
logikfive
Professional

Umm... 98-00 from the factory never got heated seats, let alone heated seat switches. Not really sure what you're talking about.

However, where you mentioned is the best place to put the switches if you put 01-03 heated seats in and have it look factory. It's a VERY tight fit, and you need to trim the carpeting away to allow enough room for the switch plugs and wiring.

First install with my old tan interior...

Name:  IMG_3523.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  54.3 KB

When I switched to the graphite R/T interior I cut the switches closer together, which made it a little easier to see the right switch with a cup in the cupholder.
Name:  a4b8de3b.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  53.3 KB

Section of carpet you have to remove:
Name:  f5fd0478.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  55.0 KB

Quick Reply: My Newest Project