1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need a recommendation on a scanner P0700

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Bones00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh no, after several hours of trial and error, ive come to the conclusion that you can get the pcm to push the clear code straight through, I believe it may be the same command for the eatx things just have to be done in the right order and you about have to hold your jaw just right lol. Ive replicated the problem and caused the p0700 again, cleared it, Unplugged the wiring harness on the side of the trans and threw a p0765 and cleared it too. This does actually work to get it out of limp mode, and evidently clears the tcm dtc's. I dont know if its a fluke but I even left the harness unplugged and cleared it and it was fine till it recognized the issue again. I did this several times as much as i spent reading about this I think this is actually worthwhile.

So while i will be looking into this further, and possible trying to at the least code an easy way to do this I found a list of commands involving chryslers eatx so I may come up with a slightly easier way to do it. I am going to go do this again just to be sure before I open my mouth but it seems like this actually works.

shrpshtr325 im getting there before I say 100% I want to be sure this is functioning though

Quick Reply: Need a recommendation on a scanner P0700