1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

trans not shifting

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 AM
krupaeric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my problem was similar to yours. i found that my plug (3 wires) under the kick down band on the drivers side was corroded and that the wires had worn them selfs together and the insulation had worn off on 2 of them causing them to connect. i had to seperate the wires and tape em up. i am also taking it in to the dealership this week to get that plug replaced and to have the wires cut back and replaced. so check that plug cuz it controlls the sylenoid. and if its shorting out. it wont be shifting correctely. i thought i had a serious problem untill i got under it and started to really look at everything.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM
mrkinnamon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krupaeric
my problem was similar to yours. i found that my plug (3 wires) under the kick down band on the drivers side was corroded and that the wires had worn them selfs together and the insulation had worn off on 2 of them causing them to connect. i had to seperate the wires and tape em up. i am also taking it in to the dealership this week to get that plug replaced and to have the wires cut back and replaced. so check that plug cuz it controlls the sylenoid. and if its shorting out. it wont be shifting correctely. i thought i had a serious problem untill i got under it and started to really look at everything.
Ok so here is where I'm at. I got tired of working on it so I took it to the shoP to have them put a reman trans in there. 5 days later I go to the shop and they told me its doing the same thing It was doing when I took it in. (with the remanufacured transmission) they told me the governor pressure sensor and transducer was bad and needed replace. And they tried to charge me for it. After replacing those, I went back in today and it's still doing the same thing with the new sensor and solenoid. Now they are saying its the harness. What I think is the are trying to scam me by using my same tranny and replacing what they thought was wrong with it. If they in fact did put a rebuild reman tranny in there,is there anyway I could tell or find out? I do not trust this shoP and I'm not about to spend 1500 dollars for a couple sensors and a harness.

Quick Reply: trans not shifting