1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

I wanna see your modded Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:31 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I've only seen a few others myself. You can edit your signature from the user cp link towards the top of the page.

These are clear fluted lenses. (To match stock headlights)

These are clear translucent.

I like things to match so I got clear fluted to match the headlights, but its a matter of personal preference. Make sure you get amber bulbs (#3157) if you do decide to get clear corners because the stock bulbs are white since the stock lens is amber.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:57 AM
lightningryan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions! I really appreciate it!
So you have the clear fluted ones. and you still have the stock headlights? Your headlights look new almost! Mine are incredibly foggy which is why I was looking into new headlights period. Did you get new stock ones?

also I LOVE the clear headlights and would love to have those! Especially these ones. They are the full headlight:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-04-Dakota...ht_3745wt_1398

But what I REALLY want is these for my tail lights. The smoked Altezza. Do you think these would look good with the clear headlights or do you think i should go with a smoked headlight if I do http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-00-CARAVA...ht_2590wt_1398smoked taillights?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:52 AM
that_guy
Champion

When I said stock headlights I meant the stock style ones. Mine have both been replaced. The passenger side got replaced because some idiot ran into me in a traffic circle and broke it and then I replaced the other side to match since it was yellowed.

It is possible to polish the headlights to make them look new again, but they won't look nearly as good as a fresh new set.

Those headlights you found look nice. They have both the clear translucent corners and clear translucent headlights. I've actually wanted to get a set of the clear translucent headlights for a while, but money has been preventing that.

As for the taillights they look nice, but it looks like the lenses actually protrude from the rest of the housing. I'm not exactly a big fan of that, but it's up to you what you like on your truck.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:01 PM
lightningryan
Amateur

Originally Posted by that_guy
When I said stock headlights I meant the stock style ones. Mine have both been replaced. The passenger side got replaced because some idiot ran into me in a traffic circle and broke it and then I replaced the other side to match since it was yellowed.

It is possible to polish the headlights to make them look new again, but they won't look nearly as good as a fresh new set.

Those headlights you found look nice. They have both the clear translucent corners and clear translucent headlights. I've actually wanted to get a set of the clear translucent headlights for a while, but money has been preventing that.

As for the taillights they look nice, but it looks like the lenses actually protrude from the rest of the housing. I'm not exactly a big fan of that, but it's up to you what you like on your truck.
Protrude? What do you mean?
And I guess what I mean to ask was do you think having those clear chrome headlights would look good with a smoked tail light? or should I get them to match and get smoked headlights or vise versa and get translucent taillights with the translucent headlights? Should I make them match

Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 PM
that_guy
Champion

If you look closely at the picture (zoom in and you can see it) you can see that the lenses stick out and it isn't actually smooth and rounded like the stock tail-lights.

I'm not really a huge fan of chrome with the blue so if it were me I'd get the blacked out ones that match each other.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:13 PM
lightningryan
Amateur

Interesting. But didn't you say you wanted to save up for the translucent?
and you don't think chrome looks good with the blue? its pretty much the same thing as the white?

Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 AM
that_guy
Champion

Originally Posted by lightningryan
Interesting. But didn't you say you wanted to save up for the translucent?
and you don't think chrome looks good with the blue? its pretty much the same thing as the white?
Yeah but not all the translucent ones are chrome. Only the reflector part that has to reflect the light is shiny in the ones I was eyeing up. The bottom and top were still silver, but were matte.

I've just always thought the chrome would look too out of place on the blue, but I've never actually seen one this color with chrome headlights so I don't really know. If you like the chrome ones go for it.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 PM
lightningryan
Amateur

Which one ya think? They are slightly different.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-04-Dakota...ht_3745wt_1398

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-99-00-01-...ht_6121wt_1165

In that second link, look at the main headlight piece, why would there be 3 holes like there are in that main part?
I also the the first one says it comes with the bulbs.

Last edited by lightningryan; 07-28-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:17 PM
that_guy
Champion

I would say to go with the first one. It's a 2 piece unit that will be much easier to install and aim than the second one which is a 1 pc unit, which is also why the three holes are in it since the headlight and corner are combined into one piece.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:50 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

actually the 2nd one has 4 holes in, one for the main headlight bulb (high/low beam) and 3 for the parking lights/turn signals

Quick Reply: I wanna see your modded Durango!