1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

I wanna see your modded Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:11 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

if the new housing does not come with bulbs(and has amber/yellow corners) you can safely use the ones that already in the your stock housing, dont worry about buying new ones unless yours are burnt out

as for the headlights use whichever you preffer, id just use the new ones and save the old ones as back ups for when they go out.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:50 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
if the new housing does not come with bulbs(and has amber/yellow corners) you can safely use the ones that already in the your stock housing, dont worry about buying new ones unless yours are burnt out
he is looking at clear corners though so he will need yellow/amber bulbs

Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

that_guy, you clearly didnt bother reading my whole post please start reading complete posts before responding.

Thanks.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 PM
that_guy
Champion

that_guy, you clearly didnt bother reading my whole post please start reading complete posts before responding.

Thanks.
I did read your entire post. I was trying to clarify things for the op since he seemed a bit confused about everything. Maybe you should consider that before you start insulting people.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

delete

Last edited by Old_School; 07-31-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by that_guy
he is looking at clear corners though so he will need yellow/amber bulbs

Thanks.
Originally Posted by that_guy
I did read your entire post. I was trying to clarify things for the op since he seemed a bit confused about everything. Maybe you should consider that before you start insulting people.
apparently not, unless you where trying to state the obvious, what he was saying was that IF the op had amber/yellow corners he could use the stock bulbs, if not he would have to replace with colored ones .. sounds pretty clear to me.

you know...

Name:  arguing-on-the-internet-bra-on-teats-on-bull-demotivational-poster-1281570485.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  44.8 KB

Last edited by Old_School; 07-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:56 AM
that_guy
Champion

Originally Posted by Old_School
apparently not, unless you where trying to state the obvious, what he was saying was that IF the op had amber/yellow corners he could use the stock bulbs, if not he would have to replace with colored ones .. sounds pretty clear to me.

you know...

I'm just going to start off by saying that I'm not trying to start anything with anyone because I do agree that fighting on the internet is pointless.

And yes I DID READ HIS ENTIRE POST. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say that for people to listen.

I'm not sure why shrp said that if he got yellow lenses his bulbs would be fine, since the op wanted clear corners from the start. I think it would have been better to say that since you're getting clear corners you'll need new bulbs, instead of the inverse of it.

And yes in a way I was trying to state the obvious for the benefit of the op as not to confuse him, because (obviously no offense to him) it seems like this is his first time doing things like this and it seemed like was a bit confused about things. I was simply stating that so he wouldn't think he didn't need to get yellow bulbs.

I'm not sure why shrp said that if he got yellow lenses his bulbs would be fine, since the op wanted clear corners from the start. I think it would have been easier to understand, in this situation, if he said that since you're getting clear corners you'll need new bulbs, instead of the inverse of it.

Again I only said that in order to help the op, which I thought was the point of the forum, but apparently not as it just gets you attacked.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:05 PM
lightningryan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that_guy, thank you. From the start I have obviously stated I wanted clear corners. So there was no need for that one person to mention if I had amber corners then I could use the stock bulbs. But I already stated which headlight unit I decided on and it has clear corners.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 AM
that_guy
Champion

Originally Posted by lightningryan
that_guy, thank you. From the start I have obviously stated I wanted clear corners. So there was no need for that one person to mention if I had amber corners then I could use the stock bulbs. But I already stated which headlight unit I decided on and it has clear corners.
don't worry about that. hopefully all of that will just blow past.

If you have any more questions fell free to ask.

Quick Reply: I wanna see your modded Durango!