1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Replacement Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 09:20 PM
a_thomas8811
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lynnosler
So, this seemed like a good place to kick this around and get some feedback. I am wanting to do an entire external lighting change. Headlights, tail lights, fog lights. So I am tossing around 2 options.

Option A:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281253167082...84.m1438.l2649

Option B:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281253107789...84.m1438.l2649

And then, if I do either of those (and yes, I know the headlights are the same in both options), but.. what fog light options exist?

Ideas, thoughts, comments please and thank you.
Just want to let you know that 1 piece headlights is a PITA. Tried to help my friend put one on his 2000 Durango on Saturday. So when I get my headlights soon I am going with 2 piece headlights with clear corner lens.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:35 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PublicHair
Don’t forget it’s a PITA to install the 1pc headlights - let alone adjusting them..

OEM setup all day.

Eh, Like I said previously, just get the bottom screw with a ratcheting wrench by going in from the fog light area of the bumper. As far as adjusting them, a phillips screwdriver is all they take and the adjustment screw is in the same location as stock from what i've experienced.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
PublicHair
Banned

There are three adjustment screws. That's why most guys have horrible gap issues. Plus they are really cheap quality. I had the ones you posted. Eagle eyes. And OEM type.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

The eagle eyes ones that you sold me didn't seem bad for quality, then again I only had them a couple weeks before they got busted by that dumb c*nt in a lexus.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:02 PM
gvsu4msu
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lynnosler
So, this seemed like a good place to kick this around and get some feedback. I am wanting to do an entire external lighting change. Headlights, tail lights, fog lights. So I am tossing around 2 options.

Option A:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281253167082...84.m1438.l2649

Option B:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281253107789...84.m1438.l2649

And then, if I do either of those (and yes, I know the headlights are the same in both options), but.. what fog light options exist?

Ideas, thoughts, comments please and thank you.
I recently had to replace the Tailights in my Black 03 SXT as the Brake Light circuit (not the socket) went out on one side. I had these aftermarket:

I decided to change and go with those shown in your "Option B". I read the LED versions are not that great, especially for the price.

What I liked about the newest set of brake lights is that it had all new sockets wired together, rather than using the current stock sockets in the version show above. I say liked as I was going to need to replace a few stock sockets if I kept the same style of tail light, as it was. So for the money spent, I got an "All in one" setup instead of a "indvidualized socket" setup.

There may be a downside with this down the road, but I am not worried about it at this time.

As for headlights, I changed those to something similar to what you have in "Option A and B".

I am not sure why folks are making a stink over adjustment of one-piece headlights, but it is not that much work....it just takes time and patience. Yes Two-piece could be plug and play, but it all comes down to what you want your DD to look like, or the time you want to put in to it. Once you figure out how to adjust them once, it is not a big deal.

The time invested on mine was worth it to make it look different that the millions? of DD on the road today. I also changed the tail lights to remove the "4wd minivan" look (if you have seen the similar era Caravan - you will know what I mean).

Attached Thumbnails Replacement Headlights-t2ec16d-zoe9s5nghcdbrwzcm8pzg-60_12.jpg  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

I think those headlights look like ricer tail lights, but that's just my opinion.

As far as headlights, take what we're telling you into consideration, but in the end it's your choice. When I had my Durango, I didn't care about how much difficulty other people had with installation/adjustment of their one piece lights. Personally I love the look of a single housing and it looks much cleaner in my opinion. They aren't that bad to install or adjust. You just need some patience.

I will say this, the one piece units I've dealt with haven't a very sturdy mounting system. The first type you posted was by far one of the worst designs I've ever had.

Quick Reply: Replacement Headlights