1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Fixed heater core. New problems :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 02:50 PM
George Genovezos
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, Not my picture. I found it on the Internet.

Also there's another vacuum line on the other side of the engine. What does that do vs the one we're talking about?

Old 01-15-2022, 03:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

On the Durango, I don't know. Even the heater core location took me by surprise. I am used to them being on the other side of the truck.

Old 01-15-2022, 03:10 PM
George Genovezos
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. good to know.

I have a feeling that the defrost issue and the cruise are related. I need to find a vacuum diagram and see if they share any hoses.

The cruise turns on so it's not an electrical issue.

Old 01-15-2022, 03:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

It is highly likely that the issues are related. Find the vacuum leak, fix it, and I bet both systems start working the way they are supposed to.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:41 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Throwing my $0.02 in on this one.....when I had to replace the fan motor and resistor on my 2000 Durango (4x with the 4.7 but should be pretty spot on for vacuum lines) there was a "reservoir" for the vacuum under the cowling below the wiper arms on the passenger side. If memory serves me correctly that is the vacuum for the cruise.....the one on the drivers side below the heater core should serve the controls for the heater. You can take the dash face off and pull the gauge cluster and most likely the radio for room (and maybe the lower kick panel below the steering column) to get at the vacuum lines for the heater controls. I will see if I can link my post to this reply and put some pics up if I still have them....

*** Edit *** my actual pictures are not much help nor is my earlier post that I put up about changing out my fan motor and the blower resistor, but I DID find the vacuum diagram that I used when trouble shooting the issue:

Simplified vacuum hose diagram. Note the multi colored 7 hose connector as depicted in the upper right side of the picture runs from the HVAC controls to the system under the dash

Hope this helps.

Steve

Last edited by sporta; 01-18-2022 at 07:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
George Genovezos (01-20-2022)

Quick Reply: Fixed heater core. New problems :(