1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1996 Dodge Intrepid binker hel

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 08:42 PM
Darth Menace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Dodge Intrepid binker hel

hey i went out to my car today and it didnt start. anyways i got it boosted and went to chrysler. they said it was the battery. so anyways i got a new battery and installed it. however, my blinkers do not work anymore. i knwo they had to do a diagnostic on my car to find out what was wrong. could the diagnostic have done something to my blinkers. like blown the blinker relay or something? I checked the #3 fuse (10A blinker fuse and it is ok)</P>

</P>

anybody have some options as to what it could be? blinker relay? and if so, wher eis it located?</P>

Old 10-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't work at all? Or they light up but won't blink? Do they work when the hazards are on? You should have turned right around and went back to the dealer and complained... they might have done something for you immediately if it was something they did. LOL!</P>

I wouldn't think the diagnostic test would have blown a relay... but I'll have to get back to you on that after you LMK about the questions above. </P>

~Amanda</P>

Old 10-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Darth Menace

well here is the scoop. I brought it to a guy i know personally. a retired mechanic. I saw that there was power at the blinkers. he did this by going into the fuse/relay box in under the hood. but there was no power getting to the flasher unit area. so he looked and looked. I told him I thought maybe it was the two wires that went out of the + battery section. he said he thinks they are for remote start. i said it didnt have it, so i thought they were related to the blinkers (just a hunch) so he checked and indeed when one the battery was changed one of the wires had come out of the O-ring. It was not visible. so it all works now, and I am happy that it works and even happier that I took part in solving my delema</P>

</P>

thanks for the help boys</P>

Old 10-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

LOL! Good for you!!</P>

~Amanda</P>

Old 10-14-2003, 06:20 AM
beetlebz
Rookie

the binker, isnt that right next to the doohickymajigger? lol</P>

yeah i did the same thing on my last truck. took it to 3 mechanics to find out why the blinkers didnt work before i got adventurous (and a day off of work) and climbed under the hood. wire came loose and none of the trained professionals noticed the wire very OBVIOUSLY not where it should be! i recommend everyone get the book on their car/truck and at least start learning a basic understanding of where things are and what they do. the knowledge stays with you and if somthing goes wrong you can see if its somthing simple or not before you haul it off to the garage to have 400 bucks worth of work done to replace a blown bulb or somthing </P>

Old 10-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I agree about the dealer, but I have to interject that most mechanics take the problem from the dispatch office and just know the blinker isn't working... or whatever is written on the RO. Well, they start at the beginning of the electrical system and work there way around. How do I know...? I had to WAIT for my friend to do it at his dealer once. And all it was was a lose wire. LOL!</P>

So, if you know what you're doing, tinker... but if you don't, you run the risk of making the problem worse. LOL! </P>

~Amanda</P><edited><editID>Dodgegirl19</editID><editDate>37908.3504398148</editDate></edited>

Old 10-14-2003, 04:32 PM
beetlebz
Rookie

yeah i probably should have added that, you tinker at your own risk! i didnt intend for anyone to take my post as saying that I condone sticking screwdrivers in things that may pop, break, leak, explode, seep, drip, or not work. </P>

if you dont know what it is, you probably shouldnt me messing with it! unless it has big warning lables all over it. those are fun! jk, seriously though, its not hard to do somthing wrong!</P>

Old 10-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

LOL, I can agree with you there... LOL! Sounds like you talk from experience too... A buddy of mine took his engine apart to clean and paint it, well, after alot of trouble shooting, he came to the conclusion it'll never ever run right again. LMAO!</P>

~Amanda</P>

Quick Reply: 1996 Dodge Intrepid binker hel