1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

surviving through mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:45 AM
brute
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: surviving through mods

That may be so, and if it was like this for you, congratulations. I have not had qualtiy and performance up to par from Pacesetter thus far in my life. I am, and will continue to, give my personal experienced-based opinion to those buyers who may or may not be walking themselves into a trap. Ultimately, it is, afterall, completely up to the buyer whether he or she will risk bad quality in the parts he or she purchases. AGAIN I stress the point that it is not your, not my, not anyone but the buyer's money to spend; I am providing a first-person experience, and if you cannot handle that, then I will not post my point of view again.

On a side note, why are you hanging on Pacesetter's nuts?

Old 05-04-2007, 12:56 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: brute
I am providing a first-person experience, and if you cannot handle that, then I will not post my point of view again.
So you have 1st hand personal experience with the Pacesetter header on a neon? I do, and it works great as well as being dyno proven to show the best gains for a SOHC neon engine.

On a side note, why are you hanging on Pacesetter's nuts?
I simpy offer advice based on truth. The header performs well on the SOHC, the exhaust on the other hand I would not endorse. Also, from 1ST HAND EXPERIENCE!

Anymore questions?

Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 AM
brute

ORIGINAL: das2123
So you have 1st hand personal experience with the Pacesetter header on a neon?
Yes, I do.

...it works great as well as being dyno proven to show the best gains for a SOHC neon engine.
Once again, I never said anything about it functioning properly. Yes, it does work? But for how long? Anything could work; I could rig a monkey up to push my car for power, but how long will that last? Probably not long because his little heart will explode.

Pacesetter did not do well for a daily driver such as mine, and I'm assuming with Neons, you people are using them for dailies.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 AM
das2123
Legend

[
But for how long?
I know people who have put well over 100,000 miles on them so far...all good.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:20 AM
brute

[
But for how long?
I know people who have put well over 100,000 miles on them so far...all good.
Well that's excellent news for them. I am commenting on the fact that I had a bad experience with them. If I could do it all again, I would not waste over $100 on the Pacesetter manifold, because after it decomposed itself on me, I had to pay a substantial amount of money to purchase a new one... On top of the originally $100 spent on Pacesetter. So, in theory, I could go back now (not having purchased the Pacesetter) and spend $300+ on a VERY high quality manifold, since I had to spend that much in the end. I'm trying to notify the original poster of this turn of events, allowing him or her to skip the headache and go straight to a high quality manifold from the beginning.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:24 AM
das2123
Legend

Well not everyone is going to be happy with a part. But like I said, I had no problems with it and know plenty of other people who haven't either.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 AM
brute

Well not everyone is going to be happy with a part. But like I said, I had no problems with it and know plenty of other people who haven't either.
I did. Do you not want both good and bad experiences? If you simply listen to good experiences, why don't you buy from everywhere? Buy a turbo kit from your neighbor... Buy a motor from eBay... Buy a ******* from your sister...

The point is, some of us did and some of us did not have good experiences with certain companies and/or certain parts. I would assume that this community would want to know that information...

Old 05-04-2007, 01:36 AM
das2123
Legend

The point is, some of us did and some of us did not have good experiences with certain companies and/or certain parts. I would assume that this community would want to know that information...
Did I say something directly to you? You said you had problems with it and I suggested what is pretty well known in the neon community. The welds should be reinforced before installation and then you see good gains and durability.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:39 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: dysphagia

whats wrong with buying a ************
Comments like this will get you banned. Consider both of yourselves warned.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:40 AM
brute

ORIGINAL: dysphagia

whats wrong with **************
She rakes.

das2123, that's ridiculous.

Quick Reply: surviving through mods