1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:08 AM
hnda8r
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

Hey if you guys get a chance check out my little album of the car. Its a working progress, but so far I have SOHC head on a DOHC block (= higher compression), Mopar high rate springs, kyb gr2 struts, Iceman CAI, power bulge hood (not painted yet), Pacesetter header, and 2001 R/T 16" rims. Im in decisive on what kind of exaust set up I want. I still have to put on my Comp 200 cam w/ magnum valve springs. Probably next month Ill get r done.

LMK what you think so far, and any other suggestions would be great.
Click on the link below, then click on "public album" then click on thealbum called "FLIT!!" (dont ask)

http://www.imagestation.com/4936440/3909005385

Old 06-19-2007, 01:52 AM
marsh712
Professional
Default RE: What do you think?

i think its real clean man. great job.

i have a question for you, how did you get your header to seal up well? im talking about the ball of the header and the flare of the collector tube. i just finished my install and im getting some hissing from a high spot on the flare. im hoping that after multiple heat cycles, the metal will have expanded and contracted enough to seal up naturally. im gonna give it about a week.

i just need a suggestion, should i pound on it a little bit? anyways, once that seals up im getting the collector tube welded to the cat. my cousin suggested i wait til the ball and collector seal becuase they need to be able to move. if i welded it early, it wont let the collector seal with the ball so. should i try to tighten the retainer bolts more? i dont want to torque them too much.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

i had the same problem but it wasnt bad wait a week and torq them down again, welding them i dont know abuout that its kinda designed to move use some high temp grease bettween the joints then put it back together

Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 AM
marsh712
Professional

sounds good. i was talking about welding the collector tube to the cat, that part can be welded, for now i just have it clamped. im gonna wait to do anything though. ill do what you said, waiting a week, torquing them down haha. thanks.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 AM
hnda8r
Captain

ORIGINAL: DOHCgarrett t3

i had the same problem but it wasnt bad wait a week and torq them down again, welding them i dont know abuout that its kinda designed to move use some high temp grease bettween the joints then put it back together
Thats what I did, I gave it about a week, and torqed down the bolts a little more. It did get rid ofmost ofthe noise, enough for me to withstand.But if Idont come upwith a solution soon I may have toswitch headers, maybe to a long tube. I wish that reducer tube was a tighter fit, then we wouldnt have this problem.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:51 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the car looks good.....but i cant stand when people paint their interior white[:'(]
otherwise its nice

Old 06-19-2007, 11:05 AM
hnda8r
Captain

I actually bought the vehicle off eBay like that. When I first looked at it on the site I thought it was going to be horrible. But when I got to look at it up close, the guy must have taken his time because it looks really nice and smooth. Ill keep it like that for a while, til I can get the oem stuffat a junk yard.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:14 AM
rrwertz
Professional

eh. it's a 4 door neon with no real mods.
the sohc head was a waste of time. put the engine back to stock, do some more stuff to the suspension and autocross it. those are the only things you've done so far that go with each other.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 AM
hnda8r
Captain

Keep in mind, I just got the car started w/ the higher compression motor, and I still have to put the Comp 200 cam and mag valve springs in. I only had the car officially for about a month. Im just getting started.Theres a whole lot more that I have planned. I have to wait for the money.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i think the white interior looks awesome but it woudl be better if the car was white