Default RE: Stock SOHC 132 Hp

x3 the sohc have a start but need some good mods to get going faster

Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 PM
mulletman11
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

def could not agree more.
now listen slash, das has spoken, you are wrong, so end it.
DAS SAID SOOO!!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 05:03 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe
I'm not trying to be cocky or be a know it all but maybe I just havnt owned or rode inthe right DOHC car yet.
Or raced anyone with even a little skill!

I agree with you that the SOHC is underrated and the DOHC is overrated, but there is no way a good running SOHC ATX will beat a good running DOHC MTX.
The only way a SOHC Automaticis going to have a chance is if the race is started from a 20mph+ roll other wise the gears are strung out just way too long on that 3 speed automatic. And even if it is a 20mph roll 3rd gear sucks because that is too long of a gear because it finally shifts into 3rd around 92 and then theres a waiting game. 110mph took a long road to achive and the RPMs were about 3900. On the ave when your cruising 25mph to 35mph it has major nuts against most cars because first gear is getting wound out by then. 1st gear on the sohc car is like 2nd gear on most cars its for $hit, 6000lb mini vans have more game off the line and I dont start passing them till I hit 25mph thats why I used a neutral drop one time for racing and it worked alot better for a off the line launch but isnt really practical at all (and we all know why) .

I tend to stay away from off the line racing because wheel hop orsomething elsein my front end shakes off the line (read my other thread for explaination!)and its anoying.The5 speeds have the gearing its simple math. Thats why I want a Turbo or some nice low end modsto help the slowgearing so itisnt as noticable. Mostly I was saying you need to mod the SOHC with the DOHC'spcm and exhaustto have a chance with a 5 speed sohcor auto vs auto, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough before... sorry guys : )

Which brings me to.... would a 5 speedtranny off a 902.2 Chrysler 4 cylinder bolt up? I took a 90 Daytona to the junk yard and kept the 5speed and clutch and fly wheel. Will it bolt up to a 2.0 block? If not i'll sell it.Any idea what those are going for? It has brand new Clutch and Pressure plate.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:28 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

you guysand your atxneons i can roll right off the line in my atxstratus it reaches 30 in3-4 secondand it keeps going hitting 60 in 5-7seconds and it keeps gong to 100 just as fast.it depend how im driving that day.how long can a atx neon take to get going60mph even the mtx i got takes longer than my stratus....hint hint the stratus can't be stoped by a little neon and i need to start doing my big mods to it.hey do you guys know if a udp is good on a stratus and the stratus fourm's told me to askhere in the 1st gen fourmswould a udp from a srt-4 or a pt-cruiser work on the 2.4 strat?

Old 06-30-2007, 06:10 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon

you guysand your atxneons i can roll right off the line in my atxstratus it reaches 30 in3-4 secondand it keeps going hitting 60 in 5-7seconds and it keeps gong to 100 just as fast.it depend how im driving that day.how long can a atx neon take to get going60mph even the mtx i got takes longer than my stratus....hint hint the stratus can't be stoped by a little neon and i need to start doing my big mods to it.hey do you guys know if a udp is good on a stratus and the stratus fourm's told me to askhere in the 1st gen fourmswould a udp from a srt-4 or a pt-cruiser work on the 2.4 strat?
Hey did you notice a huge gain with that pace setter header and the 60mm throttle body? Did you use stock cat or did you upgrade whole exhaust after Header?.I was looking at getting that set up you have but not sure if its worth it right now with my budget. If theres a good noticeable difference I'll be ebaying then

Lookin at getting that set up as well, right now I just have a home made throttle body spacer that helped the high Rpm's and a Glass pack muffler...lol

Old 06-30-2007, 06:40 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

a 60mm tb is way to big for an N/A motor
55 is the ideal size for an N/A motor

and hte pacesetter header is the best short lenght header on the market for SOHC
which is why half of the people on the forum have/had it

Old 06-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 95neonriceeater

a 60mm tb is way to big for an N/A motor
55 is the ideal size for an N/A motor

and hte pacesetter header is the best short lenght header on the market for SOHC
which is why half of the people on the forum have/had it
can the 52mm throttle body be borred out to 55 safely?

Old 06-30-2007, 06:50 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

yes

i have a stock neon TB that was bored out to 56

i'm pretty sure racerx bored his out himself aswell

Old 06-30-2007, 06:53 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 95neonriceeater

yes

i have a stock neon TB that was bored out to 56

i'm pretty sure racerx bored his out himself aswell
what did you do for the butterfly valve?

Old 06-30-2007, 06:57 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

sorry my original post i was thinking about the throttle spring!!!

but i have no idea what as done to the butter fly valve...
i got the throttle body off of rrwertz

Quick Reply: Stock SOHC 132 Hp