1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Stock SOHC 132 Hp

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stock SOHC 132 Hp

ORIGINAL: 01silverram

well im glad the at and mt trans deal is over. i have a 99 r/t 5spd dohc and i have to say its pretty quick. i dont think at would even come close. plus neutral drops!....... i havent seen someone do that in about 17 years when i was 17. needless to say the guy really made some tire smoke but then was sitting in th parking lot waiting for a flatbed to pick him up, lol.

plus im waiting for a header and muffler install from Paul
There's no debate an auto trans vs manual, the manual is better because it takes more power to turn the automatic, up to 20% is lost through an auto trans as only 10-12% is lost through a manual.Once you get going and if you shift it manually you have a chance vs manual but odds are stacked against you assmuing both cars have same engine and same body then pretty much if you do beat a manual with an autoyou just are beating the driver not the car. I'm pretty certain most of the 5 speed cars I've beat were probablydriver error on their part.

Yesterday I smoked a automatic HyundaiElantra really bad and I never smoke anyone off the line.I pulled up to the stop light minding my own business (for once)and this 18 year old punk must not have liked Neons or he was trying to impress his girl friend but he gave me the finger and raced off so at the next stop lighthe was dead meat. So He rev's it up at the stop light and I didn't do anything but concentrate on the light changing to greenand so it turns green and sinceI was only driving my car for 10 minutesthe IAT sensor must have still been cooland I had damn good off the line power and so Ihit 80mph on the ave in about a quarter mile was very scary and I won by about 4 car lengths I even let off a few times to see if he was in it for the long haul race at 60mph he was still trying to pass sothen I just floored it and made sure he knew I was going to win. Was the funnest race Iever hadin my Neonbecause it was stop light to stop light and the stretch we raced on was just over a quarter mile and Ihad a huge lead at end against a brand new (looked brand spanking new) car that probably costs 6x myNeon's current value.

Then at the next stop light I gave him the finger like he did to me and told him hewas smoked by a Economy CarNeon and how bad he must feel in front of his girl friend. He cut somebody off to turn because he was so embarrassed and couldnt face it a Neon had its way with him while he was trying to impress his girl friend with his Mom & Dads car.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:59 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 01silverram

plus im waiting for a header and muffler install from Paul
well the exhaust is still sitting here looking good on my wall.....what kind of header are you considering???

Old 07-01-2007, 07:42 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

this has nothing to do with anything but i just have to say i Invision Slash with a mullet working outside in his yard by his trailor no grass in the yard with a dip in spittin on the ground going "yep (spit) this neons going to need a new trans(spit)"

Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

lol that is what i was thinking...king of the neon hill...yep ha ha haand you should not be racing in town risking other peoples life is notcool it's just stupid i only do it at night when there is nobody around and the ricers are out trying to out run anything they can.i can't stand people who race when there is other people around to get hurtit's people like them that get cops looking at all the cars wrong and stoping us for no reason[:@]....yeplmao

Old 07-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: DOHCgarrett t3

this has nothing to do with anything but i just have to say i Invision Slash with a mullet working outside in his yard by his trailor no grass in the yard with a dip in spittin on the ground going "yep (spit) this neons going to need a new trans(spit)"
Got somethin against Trailer Court Hicks?

I don't smoke and I don't chew and I don't go with girls that do But I do live in this awesome Trailer.

I only did neutral to first drops 6-7 times since I had the car and I stopped doing thema month ago... lol I wont live that down.

Everybody Street races even you Estneon if we didnt we wouldnt have a need to build up a Neon and we would be building real dragsters. If You seen the road I was onyou'd see its harmless. Besides what did I say that made you think it was in the day time?nobody can race in Rush hour traffic, Of course it was at night.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

atleast it was at night i don't street race when there is more than 3-4 cars all togetheron all the roads and ricers find a way to race in traffic i saw a riced civic take a nice bmw the bmw backed off when there was traffic and the civic hit 2 cars going atleast 40-60mph just to beat it with his gf. we dont give you enough credit some times sorry i thought you would race in the daynice pic it gets your good side lmao

Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon

atleast it was at night i don't street race when there is more than 3-4 cars all togetheron all the roads and ricers find a way to race in traffic i saw a riced civic take a nice bmw the bmw backed off when there was traffic and the civic hit 2 cars going atleast 40-60mph just to beat it with his gf. we dont give you enough credit some times sorry i thought you would race in the daynice pic it gets your good side lmao
It was actually like 1am and I was going to Taco Bell and it pretty much me and him on the road. Whenever there is a pack of car's Cops will follow so its not smart to race then. If anything most of the time I'll get along side of them at 30mph and floor it for a few seconds and never pass 45mph,Showcase just enough speed so the Civic boys can drool. : )

I know exactly what you mean, the ricer boys are cheaters I passed one on the ave in a semi race once and I got ahead and was crusing 35mph the speed limit and all of a sudden he gets on it from about 4 car lengths back for his running start and passes me while I have cars in front of me which means no room for me to race...lol sure go act like your racing me while cars are slowing me down....lol They never will slow down and get beside you and they jump early at the lights too.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:24 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

yeah i figured trailor right off the bat when i seen the screen name anyone that listens to hair music still has got to be trailor trash

Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

afriend of mine got mad about peopledoing that so he built a civic with a huge roll bars and got in front of a crx and itbarly hit his civic and maid him spin off the road the crx keep going and he was mad that his plan didn't work lol what a idiotim impressed he wasn't sued

Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: DOHCgarrett t3

yeah i figured trailor right off the bat when i seen the screen name anyone that listens to hair music still has got to be trailor trash
Ouch, well what do you listen to? probably that **** that is on the radio now like Yellow Card and All American Rejects or that fool Acon, Pull up your pants you little f u c ki n' gang banger I'll break your skinny littlelegs and use them to pick the tabbaco out of your moms teeth. For your information I do not live in a Trailer I live at your moms house giving her one every night and eatingall yourfried chicken and water melon up while your dad holds my beer.

Don't say you didnt have that coming.

By The Way Guns N Roses and Velvet Revolver is not hair music. Hair Music is Motley crue and Poison.

Quick Reply: Stock SOHC 132 Hp