1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Oil in spark plugs, water pump out, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:41 PM
junkie97neon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil in spark plugs, water pump out, etc.

Do I need to remove the alternator? And will the be enough slack in the wires to leave some of those attached at the back of the block until I am lifting it out? Oops, I snapped one of the bolts on the exaust pipe, dang bolts were tight as hell. Prolly good idea to replace em anyway. Thanks again!! And by the way, it's an auto, so no clutch right? But I assume still the same principal whether auto, manual, or me being wrong of course.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 PM
NYG
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil in spark plugs, water pump out, etc.

ORIGINAL: junkie97neon

Do I need to remove the alternator? And will the be enough slack in the wires to leave some of those attached at the back of the block until I am lifting it out? Oops, I snapped one of the bolts on the exaust pipe, dang bolts were tight as hell. Prolly good idea to replace em anyway. Thanks again!! And by the way, it's an auto, so no clutch right? But I assume still the same principal whether auto, manual, or me being wrong of course.
Same concept on the Tranny - instead of a clutch - you have a torque converter!

I would remove the alternator - it is only two bolts and makes it easier to get the engine out of the compartment as you will have to tilt and angle the engine to come out!

Once you are under the car - you can unplug all of the wires easily - as they are all right there - I would be hesitant on leaving anything connected to the block as your are removing it just because it could get snagged while pulling the engine or the engine could shift while you are moving it and it could break/damage the wire or sensor it is connected to!

Quick Reply: Oil in spark plugs, water pump out, etc.