1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

I can't wait to race Civics again.. tranny job almost ready to comence and I can only dream of the powermy SOHC will produce once the Turbo is on!The turbo I rebuilt spins so nice and freely that it almost eats me alive to think what it will ad to an allready good performing car.

Anybody Notice my signaturewhich features mynew gtech approved 1/4 mile timewith the slipping trans?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:56 PM
tattoojack
Veteran

ok, so i am at advance buyin me a dash tach, and i hear these 3 kids (12th grade maybe) talkin about modding their cars. one of em says somethin to the effect,
Kid #1 " Dude, on ebay they got this aftermarket TURBO END TANK! that makes your car sound louder
and i think it may have added HP too but it definately made your car louder! and it was only
$20!!"
Kid#2 " Are you sure it wasn't an INTAKE?"
Kid#1 " No dude it was definately TURBO END TANK."

at this point i am ****tin myself with internal laughter.

Kid#3 " No, i only want to buy stuff that i can take off in case i sell the car."

so i turn to leave with my new merchandise and i see kid#3 holdin a set of chrome blue dual plastic wiper blades and a couple handfulls of underhood chrome addons.

now i am really laughin.
so we both pull out the lot at the same time and go the same way, btw, he is in a pretty stock 95 mitsubishi eclipse. i know it wasnt a turbo, and i am pretty sure it was atx, but still, DOHC.
so we hit the first light and while we are waitin he revs his whiny lil stock engine/exhaust, and i just got rid of me muffler all together so you all know what happened when i revved mine. kid# 1 & 2 looked like they were gonna **** their pants.
lite goes green, i let him make his move and by the time his mirror got to my front bumper i dropped the clutch.
needless to say i squeeled first all the way thru the intersection and squeeled shiftin into second.
at this point he was well behind me.
all i could see in my rear view was what looked like him makin a u-turn. hopefully to go back to advance and trade that go-fast crap for some real upgrades.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:23 PM
tattoojack
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

I can't wait to race Civics again.. tranny job almost ready to comence and I can only dream of the powermy SOHC will produce once the Turbo is on!The turbo I rebuilt spins so nice and freely that it almost eats me alive to think what it will ad to an allready good performing car.

Anybody Notice my signaturewhich features mynew gtech approved 1/4 mile timewith the slipping trans?
how do you like the dohc pcm?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

my stratus has been out of work for about a week. i had to put a gasket in the vavle cover and striped athread and broke a bolt too. im not use to small bolts...i am now...the school of hard knocks kicks ***. any way i had to take5 valve coverbolts off the neon put on the stratus because i lost some bolts tooso the neon is not running now. when the stratus was being worked on i drove my neon every day....

one night i was out in my neonata truck stop getting sometaco bellwith my mom (me sitting in the car) and some dumb looking kids hop out of a nissan altama or some car like that...it could have been a few other moldels. i leave after a few minutes and theres a car behind me and my turn is coming up and they pass the car behind me pull back in the lane andrev as hard asthey can (wot)and pass me while i wasturning and waved their hand out the window like they won a race[:@].....BS come and try to take my neon in a real race...i guess i started it i reved out of the place because of a few girls with their accord....i could just see one of them being the idiot i sawrunning down the next street a month ago...the kid almost hit me just to get past a c/topcorvettewho was not even trying to race or ever would....she wont race witha car that can't go 145+....even we know that a n/a4 banger will not takea modded vette if the vette tryed[&:]best part was is the kid in the civic keep on going in wot for awhile like he thought that the corvette was that slow and he was winning a race.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Aerorat
All Star

I understand why ya'll dislike the honda guys. I went to pick up my son from high school and one of the boys from the school walks up tomy son and aked him if this is the car he was talk about. My son said yes. He says his dad's car is a few car behind me and I couldn't out run it. I look back and it is a civic si. So has my son is putting his books in the back seat. The boy's dad pulls asked if I really thought that POS would out run his si. I asked him if he had $500 to put on it. He said he wasn't going to bet no $500. So I said you don't think you can beat a neon. Thats ok you are the one that is worried about losing. He then said you are on. I told him to wait until the last few cars leave. Because to get in and out of the high school there is two1/4 miletwo lane stripes just like an interstate. Two lanes in and two lanes out. Told him told let our kids hold the money. And most of ya'll know what is in my car and know he didn't stand a chance.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

lmao....some people never learn...i would not have raced your car i know i would lose

Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Aerorat
All Star

wouldn't race a fellow dodge man or lady unless it was for fun

Old 10-04-2007, 09:26 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

i would race youfor fun after i do my stratus's turbo build.....i finaly figured out where to place all the piping....beware honda, toyota, nissan, chevy, ford, any v6,some v8's,etc,etc....my turbo is going to be the ****[8D]but i agree i could not race another mopar with monney or some thing like that...but i would race for fun

Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 AM
mmench
Captain

lol.... dont hate me guys but the other week i rode around with a few friends that are in a mustang club. we went to hooters and all to eat and drove around delaware for like 5 hours. since i dont have a mustang i rode with somebody else in their brand new rousch mustang. anyway we had alota cars come up to us and rev their POS up to us like they had a chance. rsx's camaro's eclipse's evo's all kinds of cars tried us that nite. we smoked all of them very easy needless to say lol

Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional

THis actualls wasnt a race but I was on my way home from my friends house and there was a vette haulin *** up behind me and I started to get on it. ha u know there is no way a neon is gonna touch a vette stingray so I needed all the head start i could get.This is the best part he pulls up beside me and its a young kid he revs it and started to blow me away and he was prolly bout 3 cars in front of me and I see it starting to smoke so I just backed off and bout that time he blew it up.

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons