1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Zach Attack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Yeah... I have a story... I thought this neon was the slowest thing on earth, even putting the pedal to the metal. But one day I was on the road with my dad and I was thinking to myself "This can't be all it can do, maybe the pedal is jammed" So I put all my might into the pedal... And sure enough, that thing went CRAZY... It made me jump the tach went up so fast. xD Was quite funny, though my dad kind of got mad. :P

Old 10-08-2007, 08:42 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

30 seconds that seems bad i think your gtech has something wrong with it when i hear about a basicly stock neon doing
14.726 @ 96.07
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8EK5AcAGVzk

Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

yeah but thats with a bad transi would say it's from the n-drops he did but it was bad before that...atleast thats what he said

Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

had haveing a bad trans can add like 15 seconds thats intense im gonna get my 1/4 mile times but i cant get the final MPH but i can get the time atleast.. untill i get a new tranny which im not gonna do till i get the larger tb and the mopar PCM and the udp then my money is going to a new used transmission so ill finaly have a speedo cuz i figure my trans is working fine so im not in a huge rush to get a new one for all the wear and tear on my tranny it hold up pretty well(knock on wood) haha but no im pretty sure this little trans is tough as hell eveyone says im gonna drop my tranny from burning out and stuff but im gonna keep doing it till i do and ive heard that there is no performance tranns for our neons like the civics have and stuff so yeah

i raced a chevy Corsica haha its my friends and of course he was like oh i ahve a v6 it will smoke your little 4 banger but his car is like the same weight has more hp and torque so how come i still won ??

cuz by looking at the stats it was kinda matched up
DODGE NEON
Curb Weight, lbs. 2385 2416
Engines Size liters /
cu. in
Horse- power Torque Transmission:
EPA city/hgwy
Consumer Guide Observed [/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
sohc I4 2.0 / 122 132 129 5-speed manual: 28/38
3-speed automatic: 25/33 5-speed manual: 31
3-speed automatic: 23.6
CHEVY CORSICA

Curb Weight, lbs. 2706 2638
Engines Size liters /
cu. in
Horse- power Torque Transmission:
EPA city/hgwy
Consumer Guide Observed [/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]

[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
ohv V6 3.1 / 191 135-160 185 5-speed manual: 19/28
3-speed automatic: 20/28
4-speed automatic: 21/29 5-speed manual: --
3-speed automatic: 22.7
4-speed automatic: 23.4

Old 10-09-2007, 03:27 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

i have not seen a v6 that could take my cars...in my leage....don't froget your modded boxer add a few tq and hp...plus he has alot more weight(witch is why i have not been taken by a v6 most are heavy)....plus it's a junkalet(chevy)just listen to that RAW chevy horse power j/k

Old 10-12-2007, 12:44 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i cant wait till i get my other performance part i can i can feal the differance with the 3.0 Cai, TB spacer, larger Tb and the Mopar Brain

i figure thats at least a 15 hp gain in all

i got the tb spacer installed today and i think i notice a differance but i dont know i havent really ran my car hard in a while so i dont know if there is a differance[8D]

Old 10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

not a neon race but, i was in my jeep... yes my lifted 2.5l jeep, 33' tires , 6 inchs of lift and 4.88 gears, locker in the rear... but anyway a 94 chev caviler rev at me while i was sittin at the light.... so i put the window down and was like wtf dude im in a jeep... he told me i was scared to run him, so i did and won by 2 1/2 cars.... come on man if a jeep beats you, you need to go home and sell your ****ty car

Old 10-12-2007, 07:29 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional

haha now thats one of the best ones yet.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:39 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

yeah had another victory today

well you all might remember me talking about my friend exterior modified Dodge Neon DOHC Automatic

well today i was driveing out of town and he pulls up behind me therefore i slowed down so he would get in the other lane but then he got a red light so i pulled into a parking lot and got ready to go so i got back into the highway before he passed by and we line up.. and i kinda speed up to say go and then i let off so i heard his car kick into gear so i dropped it into second and mashed on it that neon had no chance i beat him buy so much it wasnt even funny so then i slowed down thinking that maybe he didnt get a good start so i did it again and just smashed his neon so there is goes to proove stock DOHC ATX Neon is slow but i beat him by so much ive never even beat any other car by so much before it was a good 7-10 car lengths that i was ahead.

well thought i would share

oh and the other night i was trying to get a MAZDA 6 to race me but all he would do was speed up as if he was gonna race but when i drove by him he caught up to me as if he wanted to race and we were stopped at a red light but there was a high patrol sitting in the MCdonalds Parking lot.. but i wish i wouod have know he wasnt in it cuz i would have deffinantly race cuz i never get a race off the line

well theres my story for my 1st gen

Old 10-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Slashwannabe

I literally owned the hell out of a 98 Monte Carlo with nice sounding exhaust. Where at the lights and he rev's it up and since I'm not confident in my low end power just yet I act like I don't wanna race but Ido a half throttle launchand hetook of very fast cuz he burnt out so we're going about 25-30mphand he gets on it and I decide to go for it...it was close untilI kicked it down but after 4500 Rpm my SOHC took over and took him to the cleaners thenafter that hewould only try to race when I had people in front of me knowing my car takes off like a rocket when given a little room. Long story short we went on the high way and he tried to then pass me and beat me in top speed but I was up to 100mph pretty fast cuz I kept my automatic in 2nd gear till 95mph which is about 5600 Rpm andhe kinda gave up on trying to pass after he saw what a bitch it was.

I kissed my car good night after that Race..I was so proud of the underrated SOHC and the unassuming looks of the Neon

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons