1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 PM
RiceBoy_88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

A couple days ago I was riding around town and went to the local sheetz to get a drink, and my one buddy wanted to race me.He has a 1995 dodge neon sohc with a pacesetter header,msd coil and wires and some other odd and ends and mine is basically stock besides a thermal r&d exhaust iceman cai and some other odds and ends.So I figured what the heck ill race him i thought for sure he was gonna beat me but we lined them up and i got him outta the hole by a car and I only beat him by a half a car.It wasnt to bad of a race I thought.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:54 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

haha every night i come home from work i always get these huge *** trucks to race me and when they do they have to feel really ashamed when they get beat by a dodge neon,,, haha

ive raced 4 trucks so far and have beat everyone one of them.. trucks are just to heavy to win on a rolling race but im sure if it was off the line they would have a greater chance cuz of the torque they have... but idk

im sure ive i lined up with a cummings i would die

but all the hillbillys in my town think there trucks are so cool then i beat them in my little 4 banger

oh yeah i race a Monte Carlo the other day my friend was talking about him getting one so i told him i wanted to race him so i was heading home the other day and i saw him so i caught up to him and rolled down my window and convinced him to race me cuz he was turning off the highway,, so we went from like a 25 mph roll and i was in 3rd and i tried going so he took off and seeing he was half a car ahead i dropped it to second and got the lead of 1/2 a car then i through into 3rd and i was gone!!! its was Freeken cool !!! dont know if they are fast cars but it was still another win under my belt

Old 09-23-2007, 03:15 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

this is not a real racing story and happed in my stratusbut i almost got another win.....somebody with a mitsabishi talon or old elcpice....was driving a little fast behind me and i saw no ic so i knew it was safe i shut my radio and lights off(for less drain)just to be safe....that ******* never even tried....i am use to kids being stupid and playing...i have not had a race in awhile they must be learning i just wish there was a few more civics around here it's fun racing on a cold day on a rural area of the desert....however im not the fastest on the road now....some girl has a pink93+ rx7 with grapicsi did not see a ic but you know its therei didn't even try to play withthat one...and it was going the other way...im mad....i might have to turn tricks for my turbo build on my stratus just so i know im the fastest again lol so if you want a fun time are under 18 and a girl come to az$100 a session $10 if your hot

Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 AM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

i got a storey for ya.....tonight actually my uncle won the race....he started in the back ..i beleive it was 18th ....and in 5 laps he pretty much had it won ......the other 15 laps were jsut practice ....the man can drive ....but i built the car..and the motor...and tonight that car was untouchable ....its a SOHC and its one of the few all the others are DOHC or 2.4 cavaliers..so im gonna give myself a huge pat on the back haha....i dont think you could smack this smile off my face with a shovel..........( o and why is everyone on the post so angry ....lifes to short people ....just chill )

Old 09-23-2007, 04:21 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

theres life.....and then theres reallityi would chill but then i wouldget bored...congrates on your win it takesafew modsto beat aall of themwith a sohc

Old 09-23-2007, 02:24 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

hey estneon what is "IC"

intercooler??

Old 09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

yes ic is intercooler

Old 09-24-2007, 01:09 AM
mmench
Captain

anybody on here race many diesels trucks? around here most poeple have diesels and my friends have their own business doin performance setups to them. i have raced a few and won but have lost t a few also since we have some 12-13 second 4x4 diesels here... actually quite a few that fast around here now. i think it fun to beat a huge *** truck like that who can jump up 200 hp with a switch ( not nitrous )

Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Aerorat
All Star

Like the track racing stories

Old 10-01-2007, 03:30 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

i want to his this from you guys what is a car that can be bought resonably priced.....modded and sold for alot more then you spent on it

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons