1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

30 seconds that seems bad i think your gtech has something wrong with it when i hear about a basicly stock neon doing
14.726 @ 96.07
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8EK5AcAGVzk
Yeah, 1st and 2nd Gear slipped really bad before my transmission change and I'm lucky if 30 seconds for a quarter mile was plausable for that old transmission.

Now IGot the new transmission in and it runs great, Gtech said 16.1 @ 86Mph, after I throw the Turbo on I estimate around 14.2 @around 97mph.

Yeah EstNeon the transmission was bad when I got it thatspretty much the reason the car was only $150. The transmission worked but shifted hard andthe front end shookalot from a dead stop and in between gears.I did a few Neutral drops (around 7) and I'm so glad I did them it made that old piece of **** tranny that shook on take off go out faster so I could expirence a nice shifting trans now.

I can take off about as fast as my Brothers Cavalier now!! that carused to eat me off the line but got totally fkd up after I got going, even after me getting a slow start off the line with old trans my Neon still musterd a 4 car length lead by the end of the 1/4mile.

There was a Cavalier I raced about 2 days ago and he really took me by suprise, I could barely make any headway till I was wound up to 55mph in first gear then I just started pulling a half car lead but then the *** hole closed me off and my lane ran out,so even though I had a half car lead I had to almost slam my breaks on to avoid getting run off the road as my lane ran out, in my car's defense this guy did get a half second jump on me while I was trying to decide if he was going or not. I was so pissed off that I followed him onto the highway and we lined it up at 65mph and I totally wiped him clean from a 65mph kick down start, this guy was a total dirty racer and I was even willing to run him off the road after he was such an *** hole and ran me off the road earlier, Well whatever bug my Neon had up its *** was gone once the highway Race came, I floor it and instantly my surges a car length ahead and from there I was gone then speeds got up to past 100mph between me and him. Ihad a 2 car length lead on him going up past 100mphhe was still kinda in the race andfor whatever reason that Cavy was fkn fast for a Cavalier and I was astonisedand then Idecided to go for broke and max out the Neon, which was around 115mph and then the dirty ***** was finallyin my dust. I guess it didn't help him that the Cavalier is Governed at 107mph.....lol

My Neon while in the Power Band it killed a Mustang a week earlier had severe issues trying to pass a Cavalier in that gear which is 1st gear. I think I must have had something robbing the power either carbon or something but once on the highway the Car was on a Rail and out performed the Cavalier.

My buddy as it turns out works with this guy and I find out that this Cavalier has a Turbo! Running 5psi! Now I've come away with a whole new respect for my Neon, and because of this race it is my main goal and next upgrade to get thisNeon a Turbo within the next month, so I wont have to barely edge out a Cavalier.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:50 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

well today i am going to the dodge dealership for my neonsvalve cover bolts....and my mommight begetting a charger...hopefully a srt-8thankfully she likes the srt-8 more then the others...at worse she will get the r/t...as long as i get to drive it too....lead foot runs in the family0-60 in 5 seconds sounds toofun[8D]...it will have to be a custom order so it will be a few days before we pick it up....lmao i might race it when i finish my neon just to see how bad *** a neon really is[&:]

Old 10-31-2007, 04:49 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

lolshe saw a few other cars she liked so now she not looking at a charger so i don't know what we will get

Old 11-02-2007, 12:00 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

Ok heres a story for ya...
So I buy my 95 ACR neon for 1000 bucks from a kid who blew a spark plug threw the head (overtighted the damn thing i guess) and instead of going down and spending the 45 dollars the shop I spoke with told me it would cost to heli coil it he decides to do the hardest and most expensive (normall swap) he could do. He swaps out the DOHC motor, let me remind you the 95 was a OBD1 car and it was just one wiring harness not two, and puts in a 96 SOHC motor, witch is an obd2 two plugs, that means he compleatly striped down the car and took out the original wiring harness and put a brand new wiring harness in the entire car. Wow. Not even mentioning that he had to switch the exuast header and everything else. I give him credit. lol. So when I got the car it was a beautiful white with alot of luster still in the paint. I was told by someone else that it had been repainted about 2 years ago with the same color so it was an awsome shade of whiteand gleamed in the sun. That was till my crazy *** bi-polor wife gets a 2000 dollar victoria secret bill in the mail and goes out to my car keys in hand and writes, and i quote "I hate you VS" down both sides of my car and then proceeds to the front of my car and pretty much kills the hood with her keys. I like any married man with a crazy wife knows I kept my cool when I saw it and said "Why did you do this? What did I do?" She got mad and screamed "I got a f-ing 2000 dollar bill from victoria Secret, how the hell do you think that I can pay that?" I replied "But why did you take it out on my car?" She said " Because it was there and I dident want to do it to my car." So I literally cried myself to sleep that night knowing 3/4th the scratches were to the metal. I woke up the next day and went to get a thingy of fix a scratch. So I did the best i could so that the body wouldent rust at least. So about a week later I was driving down the road and saw a Jeep wrangler that had been compleatly rhino lined with a neon green color added to it. So I talked it over with some buddies and they said go for it, she couldent scratch your car then. lol. So in a drunken fit I had a buddy drive me down to the parts store and I picked up a gallon and a quart of Hurculiner, some sand paper, cleaner an extra roller and some gloves. Went home that night and sanded the car down, we blew it off with an air hose and started cleaning it with the cleaner. About an hour later we realized we were compleatly stoned off the cleaner and decided to go in before we did something stupid to the car.(like what we had done allready wasent stupid. lol) I woke up the next morning to a call from the landlord yelling at me, who knew that the cleaner smell would go threw the wall and sicken everyone in the next apartment to the point they had to stay in a hotel. We went out taped off the car and proceded to follow the instructions to how we would emagine the instrutions would go for Rhinolining a whole car. A gallon later and after we let it sit for 3 days and put the bumpers and wing back on we took it out and it looked good. Everyone asks me does it feel like it looks, most the time I answer with "**** me off enuf and you will find out." and for some reason we cant find anyone that is willing to slide across the hood with the shirt off from 20 feet back for 200 bucks.lol. About 3 months later I noticed that it was coming off in specks so I ran down to Wall-Mart and got 4 cans of gloss black to go over it. cost me 3.84 to paint my car. lol. but its rough it dont matter what you paint it with you cant see the blemishes. So anyways I miss my white car. I was looking at the old pics and It really pissed me off so I felt like I would share the story of my Rhinolined car. heres a few pics...The car was pretty dirty in the black pics...

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/7DAA9FD9112949448C47A8EB9863EDD9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/55E96A0B953D40AE99312A7AECD445A7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/71565CFFDD9848C59551BB6490669A97.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/D8C43D8EEFF9423AB24CE07459F4419B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/B1093262498140CD8472CC7763FE9DC1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-02-2007, 02:13 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

Ok heres a story for ya...
So I buy my 95 ACR neon for 1000 bucks from a kid who blew a spark plug threw the head (overtighted the damn thing i guess) and instead of going down and spending the 45 dollars the shop I spoke with told me it would cost to heli coil it he decides to do the hardest and most expensive (normall swap) he could do. He swaps out the DOHC motor, let me remind you the 95 was a OBD1 car and it was just one wiring harness not two, and puts in a 96 SOHC motor, witch is an obd2 two plugs, that means he compleatly striped down the car and took out the original wiring harness and put a brand new wiring harness in the entire car. Wow. Not even mentioning that he had to switch the exuast header and everything else. I give him credit. lol. So when I got the car it was a beautiful white with alot of luster still in the paint. I was told by someone else that it had been repainted about 2 years ago with the same color so it was an awsome shade of whiteand gleamed in the sun. That was till my crazy *** bi-polor wife gets a 2000 dollar victoria secret bill in the mail and goes out to my car keys in hand and writes, and i quote "I hate you VS" down both sides of my car and then proceeds to the front of my car and pretty much kills the hood with her keys. I like any married man with a crazy wife knows I kept my cool when I saw it and said "Why did you do this? What did I do?" She got mad and screamed "I got a f-ing 2000 dollar bill from victoria Secret, how the hell do you think that I can pay that?" I replied "But why did you take it out on my car?" She said " Because it was there and I dident want to do it to my car." So I literally cried myself to sleep that night knowing 3/4th the scratches were to the metal. I woke up the next day and went to get a thingy of fix a scratch. So I did the best i could so that the body wouldent rust at least. So about a week later I was driving down the road and saw a Jeep wrangler that had been compleatly rhino lined with a neon green color added to it. So I talked it over with some buddies and they said go for it, she couldent scratch your car then. lol. So in a drunken fit I had a buddy drive me down to the parts store and I picked up a gallon and a quart of Hurculiner, some sand paper, cleaner an extra roller and some gloves. Went home that night and sanded the car down, we blew it off with an air hose and started cleaning it with the cleaner. About an hour later we realized we were compleatly stoned off the cleaner and decided to go in before we did something stupid to the car.(like what we had done allready wasent stupid. lol) I woke up the next morning to a call from the landlord yelling at me, who knew that the cleaner smell would go threw the wall and sicken everyone in the next apartment to the point they had to stay in a hotel. We went out taped off the car and proceded to follow the instructions to how we would emagine the instrutions would go for Rhinolining a whole car. A gallon later and after we let it sit for 3 days and put the bumpers and wing back on we took it out and it looked good. Everyone asks me does it feel like it looks, most the time I answer with "**** me off enuf and you will find out." and for some reason we cant find anyone that is willing to slide across the hood with the shirt off from 20 feet back for 200 bucks.lol. About 3 months later I noticed that it was coming off in specks so I ran down to Wall-Mart and got 4 cans of gloss black to go over it. cost me 3.84 to paint my car. lol. but its rough it dont matter what you paint it with you cant see the blemishes. So anyways I miss my white car. I was looking at the old pics and It really pissed me off so I felt like I would share the story of my Rhinolined car. heres a few pics...The car was pretty dirty in the black pics...

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/7DAA9FD9112949448C47A8EB9863EDD9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/55E96A0B953D40AE99312A7AECD445A7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/71565CFFDD9848C59551BB6490669A97.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/D8C43D8EEFF9423AB24CE07459F4419B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/B1093262498140CD8472CC7763FE9DC1.jpg[/IMG]

very funny/sad story. if i where you i would have an X-wife

Old 11-02-2007, 02:46 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

true that my car is my baby

ive spent so much time with her if someone messed with any of my body work i would prolly cry

Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Aerorat
All Star

sorry to say it but I would be in jail for knocking the crap out of her or in prison for killing her *** over a $2000.00 victoria secret billand keying my car

Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

lol i wouldnt go that far but i would find someone to do it

never hit a lady now aero

Old 11-03-2007, 06:03 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

exactly you hire a hit man i'll do it for $1000j/k...or am i....you knowguys i don't think scratches are worth killing butthe $2000 bill might be worth it. maby...it was victoria secret i would pay $2000 for my gf to get sexy stuff

Old 11-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Aerorat
All Star

I will be 36 in feb and I haven't hit a female yet. But that crap I would have lost it

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons