1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Aerorat
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

good to hear from ya again but 95to96transplantneonas some good ones and there are few other good ones

Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

oh theres tons more but they all take me like 30 mins to write up...

Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Slashwannabe

I claimed the Ultimate prize this morning!

A WRX Suburu!

So I'm minding my own business at the stop lights just before the on ramp to the highway and right beside me this guy in a Blue WRX Suburu gives me a nod and I give him thumbs up to be nice, well anyway light turns green he lays down some good marks so I was allready planning on flooring it so I put it down at the same time he did and I smoked his *** by 2 car lengths up the ramp and then it became a highway Race and I stayed at 65mph and he got along side of me and I gave him thumbs up again and smiled at him and he gave me the fingerand mouthed "f uck you" to meand floored it next to me so I floored it too and had such high end with the turbo I got past him like he was standing still and it totally broke his will to racehow I was able to pass him whenever I wanted.

Sorry for swearing but that Mitsubishi Turbo kicks mother fkn *** with how fast it spools, he never seen it coming me smoking him the way I did. Then as we got back down to highway speed as traffic started to approach, a State Trooper was sitting in the middle of the highway with his Radar Gun gluedon the WRX as Mr WRX boy was getting on it to pass me when i had traffic in front of me, well long story short I fell back a bit in trafficand watched the State trooper stalk the WRX and eventually pick him up, was one of the most funniest things I've ever seen, I won the race but the cop over looked my Neon and went for the WRX...lol I nearly pissed myself.

The Fruits of the Turbo paid off! Not one bit of ping or backfire in the engine, my walbro comes friday so I should cool it on racing till then

Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

ha ha ha lol i hate most wrx guys good work i hope he got a big ticket

Old 11-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Slashwannabe

Thnx

Before we raced I seen him in my rear view mirror moving so effortlessly through the traffic thinking "man if I get a red light with him I may be toast!" then I came back to reality and remembered I had my turbo on, then I said to myself "lets roll" once he got next to me...lol

Old 11-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Dr_KY
Professional

Yesterday I had a race aginst an old E34. It started out great as my Neon was fresh from the carwash and I had just installed a new altinator the week before so my lights were nice and bright. The E34 had the advantage through the turns but as you know the Gremans don't like straight runs so I figured I would make up for itat the end. Well turns out I didn't have as much top end as I was told by people. The wife and her diesel will never let me live this down and to top it off she stopped for a coffee and still beat me to Scotland by a long ways.[:@]Oh well I'll try again after I get a turbo.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Aerorat
All Star

Bumpedy bump

Old 12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Dr_KY

Yesterday I had a race aginst an old E34. It started out great as my Neon was fresh from the carwash and I had just installed a new altinator the week before so my lights were nice and bright. The E34 had the advantage through the turns but as you know the Gremans don't like straight runs so I figured I would make up for itat the end. Well turns out I didn't have as much top end as I was told by people. The wife and her diesel will never let me live this down and to top it off she stopped for a coffee and still beat me to Scotland by a long ways.[:@]Oh well I'll try again after I get a turbo.
The Neon corners Great if you have the ***** to test it If you have an automatic I would try manually shifting it and running the gears out to5800 Rpm on your SOHC Engine. I don't let my automatic ever shift into 3rd gear until its reved to at least 5600 Rpm. These tips should help you toast that E34.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:34 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

bmw e34

raising power from 167 to 189 hp
Weight = 3484 lb

thats about 1000 pounds heavyer then our cars and not that much hp what am i missing here the

mazda sport6 or something like that has 200 or so hp and weighs about the same as that

AM i Missing something a car twice our weight and not that much hp beating our neons ???

Engines Size liters /
cu. in
Horse- power Torque Transmission:
EPA city/hgwy
Consumer Guide Observed [/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
ohc I6 2.5 / 152 168 164 5-speed manual: 18/25
4-speed automatic: 18/23 5-speed manual: --
4-speed automatic: -- [/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
dohc I6 2.5 / 152 189 181-184 5-speed manual: 19/28
4-speed automatic: 18/25 5-speed manual: --
4-speed automatic: -- [/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
ohc I6 3.4 / 209 208 225 5-speed manual: 15/23
4-speed automatic: 16/22 5-speed manual: --
4-speed automatic: 17.2 [/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
dohc V8 3.0 / 183 215 214 5-speed manual: 16/24
5-speed automatic: 17/26 5-speed manual: --
5-speed automatic: -- [/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
dohc V8 4.0 / 243 282 295 5-speed manual: 14/23
5-speed automatic: 17/25 5-speed manual: --
5-speed automatic: 15.7

Old 12-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

I claimed the Ultimate prize this morning!

A WRX Suburu!

So I'm minding my own business at the stop lights just before the on ramp to the highway and right beside me this guy in a Blue WRX Suburu gives me a nod and I give him thumbs up to be nice, well anyway light turns green he lays down some good marks so I was allready planning on flooring it so I put it down at the same time he did and I smoked his *** by 2 car lengths up the ramp and then it became a highway Race and I stayed at 65mph and he got along side of me and I gave him thumbs up again and smiled at him and he gave me the fingerand mouthed "f uck you" to meand floored it next to me so I floored it too and had such high end with the turbo I got past him like he was standing still and it totally broke his will to racehow I was able to pass him whenever I wanted.

Sorry for swearing but that Mitsubishi Turbo kicks mother fkn *** with how fast it spools, he never seen it coming me smoking him the way I did. Then as we got back down to highway speed as traffic started to approach, a State Trooper was sitting in the middle of the highway with his Radar Gun gluedon the WRX as Mr WRX boy was getting on it to pass me when i had traffic in front of me, well long story short I fell back a bit in trafficand watched the State trooper stalk the WRX and eventually pick him up, was one of the most funniest things I've ever seen, I won the race but the cop over looked my Neon and went for the WRX...lol I nearly pissed myself.

The Fruits of the Turbo paid off! Not one bit of ping or backfire in the engine, my walbro comes friday so I should cool it on racing till then
you want to know what really pisses them off is when your near stock neon kills them... it was only a 2.0 turbo wrx... not and sti

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons