Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New here just showing off my neon

wow nice car man...

Old 08-26-2007, 01:41 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

yeah but you are just like me spud you built your car right. i doubt that i will take you spud but don't dis weight redux im going for as much as i can and i will redo most of the body parts in cf when i get a hell of a lot of cashi can do it myself but i need to get the suplies i know where to get them but cf is not cheap. im only shooting for 300-350whp on the stratus for now and when i get the cash i will upgrade it again and go for 400-450whp maby more if i get a rich girl friend

i looked at your car domain the wing dosen't look that bad in those pics

Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: estneon

don't dis weight redux
i cant stand when people talk about weight reduction and how much they are gonna strip out of their cars.....especially when its their daily driver and they only have a cold air intake and a muffler....
its just plain stupid......
unlesssomone is gonna do a hardcore build and use a car only for drag racing then i dont see there being any point at all to rip out all the interior and everything else.....it just makes a car look like junk...
besides, carbon fiber on a neon is about as pointless as **** on a boar

Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

carbon fiber on a neon is about as pointless as **** on a boar
I have to ask why you say that I have replaced quiet a bit of panels with cf and at the least i have lost 25lbs. It is closer to about 40lbs and if you say that is not worth it. Then lets you and I have a foot race and you carry 30 lbs and see how much of a difference that makes. We all know how cheapos on here wants the horsepower with out paying for it. And freeing up horsepower can and is just as costly. To me cf looks good but if you don't like the look it can be painted. Three times lighter and 10 time stronger and don't hold heat like steel.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:25 PM
das2123
Legend

^^^Unless you timed yourself before and after the weight redux how do you know you are improving though? It doesn't "free" up HP at all either. The engine just doesn't have to pull as much weight.

I have heard that you can/may drop about .1 second for every 100 pounds you reduce. So as Spud says, its kinda pointless to do it in a daily driver as opposed to a weekend drag car.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Not going to start an arguement on this

Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 PM
spudsterier
Legend

the body panels on a neon are pretty light as it is......so ok,cf may be stronger, but what do you need stronger panels for in a drag race??? only time i see it being important to have stronger panels would be in a demolition derby......
i love the looks of carbon fiber, just not enough to go out and buy it....
anyways, lets say a carbon fiber hood, trunk, and fenders cost about $1,000 - $1,500......thats a hell of alot of money to shave off 40 pounds and about .05 seconds[&:]
you could spend the same money and get a used AGP 50 trim or a turbonetics turbo and shave off ALOT more then .05 seconds.....
my point is that compared to a 2200lb. car, shaving off 40 lbs. isnt nearly enough to make spending $1,000 seem probable

Old 08-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Aerorat
All Star

ok the oem hood weight is about 20lbs my cf hood is 7lbs big difference and if you win by .05 is it not worth it then. If not why spend $300.00 on a part that that only gets you a half second on your time. The question is not what times you want but what will you do to get them.
Asfar as sayingcarbon fiber on a neon is about as pointless as **** on a boar that is your opinion.

OK stop let open this in a new thread instead of hi jacking this one

Old 08-26-2007, 05:12 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

yeah but i meant on my stratus look at the weight on thosei agree on weight redux being pointless on a dd but i might go out on weekends and play on the tracks it depens on my 0-60 time if i like it i won't bother with weight redux

Old 08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

yeah only time ya really need weight reux is if you race alot and if you still drive the car on the road i dont think you would want a car made of fiberglass or carbon theres better ways to make you car faster without ripping everything out of it

Quick Reply: New here just showing off my neon