1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

how fast after these parts are installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how fast after these parts are installed

after i buy all of these items and install them on my DOHC mtx how fast will i go in the 1/4 mi. provided i am a very good shifter. (already have 3.0 cai, 52mm tb, dynomax muffler, and NGK plugs.)or will i be better off buyin the srt turbo and putting that on for $1000?
[ol][*]high flow cat-$60[*]header-$150[*]Mopar ECU-$243[*]intake manifold-$415[*]MSD coil pack-$82[*]MSD wires-$55[*]30 lb. injectors $188[*]MPx UDP-$116[*]GRAND TOTAL-$1309
all prices include shipping and tax. [/ol]I know that they all are bolt ons but i was hoping that this would be a good start. dont kno if i should do this or srt turbo.
(by the way if u kno of any of these being cheaper else where let me kno. also if any of these wont do anything performance wise let me know and i'll take them out of my budget.) GOOD IDEA OR BAD LET ME KNOW AND WHY THANKS!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:09 PM
estneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: how fast after these parts are installed

it depend on how the car is and how you drive no one can tell you....you have too find out

Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

go with the turbo you cant use these with it

header-$150

Mopar ECU-$243
30 lb. injectors $188 need to get biger and you can find them cheaper

Old 09-18-2007, 11:37 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: justinsanders

after i buy all of these items and install them on my DOHC mtx how fast will i go in the 1/4 mi. provided i am a very good shifter. (already have 3.0 cai, 52mm tb, dynomax muffler, and NGK plugs.)or will i be better off buyin the srt turbo and putting that on for $1000?
[ol][*]high flow cat-$60[*]header-$150[*]Mopar ECU-$243[*]intake manifold-$415[*]MSD coil pack-$82[*]MSD wires-$55[*]30 lb. injectors $188[*]MPx UDP-$116[*]GRAND TOTAL-$1309
all prices include shipping and tax. [/ol]
I know that they all are bolt ons but i was hoping that this would be a good start. dont kno if i should do this or srt turbo.
(by the way if u kno of any of these being cheaper else where let me kno. also if any of these wont do anything performance wise let me know and i'll take them out of my budget.) GOOD IDEA OR BAD LET ME KNOW AND WHY THANKS!!!
i dont think you will be going as fast as you what it to. Ive heard that the MSD stuff doesn't really help that much. The exhaust on the DOHC aren't that bad really and the injectors won't help if you dont have a turbo.

much more bang for the buck if you save your money for an SRT4 turbo swap

Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

you cant use headers with a turbo?? then what do you use ??

Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

you cant use headers with a turbo?? then what do you use ??
the exhaust header on the SRT4 setup is part of the turbo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO...spagenameZWDVW

Old 09-19-2007, 01:02 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

turbo manifold and exhaust maniflod are the same only one is used witha turbo

Old 09-19-2007, 01:14 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

Estneon...Turbo manifold and exhaust manifold are two compleatly different things. ( not wanting to start and argument.) the exhaust manifold goes from your head straight to your exaust pipe. the turbo manifold redirects all exaust to the compressor side of your turbo then it exits your turbo into your down pipe then into your exhaust pipe. But as far as the original subject, msd will only help if you get the dis-2 ignition box and the adapter plug, and then it really only helps if you have a turbo anyways. like they said about the injectors you dont need them, unless of course you get an adjustable fuel regulator to up your fuel pressure a few psi and that is only another 3-4 horse. Kill the cat compleatly dont even spend money on a high flow cut the bitch out and go straight back to your muffler. Go with a pacesetter if your getting a header they respond the best to neons however like said before DOHC exhaust is pretty good to start with. UDP gives you a gain even bigger if you take your a/c out. And as far as the mopar ECU gives your a small decent gain but you make up the price with gas, seeing that you have to use 91+ octane. Thats my two cents.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

Estneon...Turbo manifold and exhaust manifold are two compleatly different things. ( not wanting to start and argument.)
i know i was trying to dumb it waydown they do the same thing in the fact they go behind the engine and have exhaust from the engine go though...thats why i said onegos with the turbo....but i see where your coming from[8D]

Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

you can have too much spark advace withan after market PCMifyou turbo it

Quick Reply: how fast after these parts are installed