Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Circle Track questions

Rubbin', son, is racin'.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:30 AM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

the lower you can get that car he better it will handle...cut or shrink the springs right down ..till the tires are in the wheel well...i actually had to cut the fenders out for more wheel clearance.....CAMBER... i cant stress that enof....i also suggest drillin the left rear strut out ...just take a 1/8 drill bit and drill a hole in it to let out al the fluid ....that transfers weight to the left side ...that tire doesnt even need to be there its just along fo the ride .....i also made a spring rubber for my right rear spring...the stiffer the right rear spring is the better ...off set wheels on the right side help alot to ...the ones i have are off a 1970 something dodge dart ...they work great...ummm let me think ..[sm=confused06.gif]..o and you can also take the spacer out of the left side of the sway bar and replace it with a peice of all thread...tighten it doown as tight as you can get it ...we also toed the right rear tire out and 1/4inch by shortening up the back control arm...if you do toe it out ...dont go much ...i dont know if thats a good idea for asphault or not ....thats pretty much my dirt setup ...but as im thinkin bout these i c no reason y they wouldnt work for asphault as well.........the next time i get a chance to get in the garage ill find our weight distibution charts from when we scaled the car ...(if your serious about racing go buy digital scales) i can give you some numbers and you can see if theyll work for you...if ya have any questions or w/e leave me a email ....i also have a few tricks for the motor to ...but im not gonna post that stuff...so drop me and email

Old 09-23-2007, 09:57 AM
bone33
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: wursterracing

I run on a 1/3 asphalt oval in wisconsin Dells Raceway Park I had a 94 Tercel this year very slow going with neon next year hopefully alot faster.

i went and looked at the rules at your track and noticed that there are very few rules.the track i go to has much stricker rules.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:18 AM
bone33
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: estneon

i would race with that many people but i don't like dents....if there was just you and another driver on that track i would race
no need to worry about dents.. look here http://kruseracing.com/Feature%20races/2007/wrecks.wmv

Old 09-23-2007, 10:21 AM
wursterracing

Yea the rules are very vague and the teching isn't very good the hondas change there tranny ratios and they are very very fast. They take 2 different tranny to make 1 tranny. My biggest prob this year was coming off the corners. They hit gas and gone me it took awhile to get it wound up and by than end of straight away into corner. So I got the neon this year because they have more horse and there is more options for it. I've read they 96 and up cams are better and now someone said its worse.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

get this comp cam ...it keeps the R's up ...it would help you comin out of the turns...read the data http://www.compperformancegroupstore...gory_Code=NEON

Old 09-23-2007, 03:53 PM
wursterracing

ORIGINAL: bone33

ORIGINAL: estneon

i would race with that many people but i don't like dents....if there was just you and another driver on that track i would race
no need to worry about dents.. look here http://kruseracing.com/Feature%20races/2007/wrecks.wmv
That was a neat video we get a few dents here and there gotta expect it rubbing is racing.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:54 PM
wursterracing

That could be the helper to get my car crusing next year I'll put that on my wish list. Keep up the ideas and thanks to all that is helping

Old 09-23-2007, 06:11 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker

i can see a few of you dont even understand the point of circle track racing.. dont like dents..c'mon
your talking about a car thats cut up and a cage put in, not your pretty grocery getter.

if they check your vaccum your not gonna get away with that comp cam, i had enough problems passing tech with stock cams in my DOHC.
the 95 cam is the bigger one - its the same as mopar performance cam for the SOHC,
DOHC theyre all the same.
are you running 5 spd or auto? either way the DOHC transmissions have a lower final gear.
5 spd is 3.55 SOHC and 3.94 DOHC.
in 2nd gear with 80" tires i coudlnt make it on a 1/3 mile without hittin the rev limiter just past the flag stand, the 3.55 gear is the way to go unless you run a really big 3/8 or 1/2 mile and can run 3rd.
port the exhaust manifold as much as you can, clean up the ports in the head, use 2.25" exhaust pipe and run it out the side in front of the LR tire. or you can paint the pipe with spray bomb
wherever the paint stops burning off is where you cut it and leave it.
you can put DOHC pistons in your single cam motor to bump the compression up and still be legal.
also the 2001 r/t magnum motor, wire harness and PCM works out nice in a 1st gen and you can still pass tech. for camer notch the struts out then put about 6 or 7 degrees in the right front, about 4 in the RR and go with -4 on the left front. i just ovaled the holes then welded a washer to lock it where i wanted it, if you dont it will move no matter how tight the bolts are.
dont like dents?
thats what it was built for

[IMG]local://upfiles/37714/5E9AB6ACB3F248AF92BDDFB002E3713F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
dirt_track238

< Message edited by bone33 -- 9/23/2007 7:23:11 AM >

lol do you like that video?? my dad made that. i race down in tampa florida. im actually only 15 though. glad to see people are visting my site though.lol

Quick Reply: Circle Track questions