1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

ok so im confused,, well i was looking at spuds pictures and...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ok so im confused,, well i was looking at spuds pictures and...

Those are electric superchargers nothing more then a computer fan blowing air into your intake. they dont work period.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:46 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just another dumb thing for people to think they are getting a hell of a bargain on[&:]

Old 10-25-2007, 10:54 PM
mulletman11
All Star

as boxer, said post whoring?
you know, for the first time since ive been on this forum i am really dissapointed in the attitude of everyones responce.
i asked a genuine questiona and got a little confused. im not a fan of turbo, that why i dont know how it works, never really cared.
so for everyone that helped thanx, foreveryone who was negative, i hope you get over your self esteem issues where you have to put other ppl down to feel better about yourself, just beacuse they dont know as much as you.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 PM
spudsterier
Legend

was i being negative???

Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
turboplz

Yea, those electric "supercharges" put out like 1.5 psi, lol. Now, if you were talking a Vortech style supercharger then that's something totally different.

But turbo's are definitely the way to go on 4 and 6 cylinders....even v8's. And if you get serious into turbo's, you want to learn how to read compressor maps which most turbo manufacturer's have online. The compressor map will tell you the peak efficiency and the range that turbo is most efficient for.

Say you have a motor that flows roughly 25#/min which I believe is roughly 300whp and you run 20 psi. Turbo A might fall right into this efficiency and power range, but turbo B's map may be totally different and need more airflow, though they are similar in size. Turbo B would be a bad choice and could cause compressor surge which is a turbo's worst nightmare.

There's a TON more to turbocharging a car than just picking the biggest turbo or one that everyone else says is good. I'd suggest purchasing a book or two on turbocharging vehicles such as "Street Turbocharging" by Robert Bell I believe, you can find it at Barnes and Noble and is a great book with tons of formulas for calucting and building a hell of a turbo motor.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 PM
mulletman11
All Star

no spud, not u

ORIGINAL: hnda8r

Great info on that link. Boxer and Mullet please take a timout from your busy post whoring and read this.
that

ORIGINAL Slashwannabe
Are You and Boxer Brothers?
and that

Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i wasnt sure because i couldnt remember[8D]

Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...o_tech101.html

better one IMO

EDIT more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger

Old 10-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: mulletman11

no spud, not u

ORIGINAL: hnda8r

Great info on that link. Boxer and Mullet please take a timout from your busy post whoring and read this.
that

ORIGINAL Slashwannabe
Are You and Boxer Brothers?
and that
I'm sorryIf you think it was me who pissed in your Cherios but seriously with all the information available on the net for Turbos (they arent specific to just the Neon) and all the daily threads about Turbos you should really blame yourself for being that ignorant. Did you have to join another forum just to find this forum?

Seriously is it that hard to type into Google or yahoo "how a Turbo works". Your in a Automotive forum that helps people fix their cars we expect your IQ to be above 16. Not trying to be a dick but don't quote me after you posted a stupid question and if you wanted your question answered seriously then make a new Thread don't use somebody elses thread andthrow their question away. By being an *** and having your question answered.

There is another thread that tells how a turbo works, use the forum search button, but I suppose that would be too much of a stretch for you seeing you don't know how to use Yahoo or Google search.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:50 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

if were a member of the forum then thats what the forum is for is asking questions and i didnt really ask how it works i was just confused as to were it hooked up cuz i thought you guys just ment that i had to get a new intake manifold and had to go to stock headers i never got out of anything that anyone told me that the turbo hooks to the exhaust..

and thanks to those who helped out and who were not dicks ... it didnt cross my mind to use google cuz i figured you guys know way more and you have knowledge on the subject and have gotten rid of all the bs that google has.. this is a car forum not a fix it forum... actually it is everything so i dont know why you guys complain about people not searching.. the forum is made to ask questions and get them answered so if you dont like it then i wouldnt join any more forums
I AM A NEWB.. i have no problem saying that cuz i know in a few years ill know just about everything about this engine and ill drop in a new engine and learn about it (srt4 here i come) ..

i saw the coolest srt4 in the car show that was a while back i forgot all about it it was jet black with like 5% tint everything was blacked out on the car it was so sick, i loved it ,everytime it drove by i wanted to cry srt4 is an ausome car,,, but i just want the engine i could never leave my baby even though others hate it i love it i have spent so much time fixing the body that i could never part it out i would miss it to much

oh im painting it blue and have some pictures up saturday or sunday.. if i get some time to take some pics im gonna be busy never really thought of how much dedication it takes to paint a car but im gonna do it starting tomorrow and hope ill be done by saturday..

ill be heading down to oklahoma on the 20th so that would be cool if i saw any of you cruising around

Quick Reply: ok so im confused,, well i was looking at spuds pictures and...