1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Turn signals not working correctly

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 PM
flyboy03051
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals not working correctly

UPDATE:

Second switch has the same symptom. Left turn signal resetsnormally, Right turn signal does not turn off 90% of the time. I don't believe two switches would have the same sympton. The tabs that reset the switch "look" OK but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if the tabs on the steering colmn are adjustable or how they are replaced ?

Thanks for any help
Bob

96 Neon - Turn signals not canceling, in either direction.

I replaced the turn signal switch and now the left works normally but the right does not cancel.I putthe orginal switch back in and I am planning to exchange the switch tomorrow. The metal tab on the stering column looks OK. I am hoping I just got a bad switch.

Has anyone else gad these problems ? Is there any adjustments that count cause the problem?

Any help would be appriciated.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:18 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Turn signals not working correctly

You could have a problem with the clockspring breaking off the tabs.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed with the above statement.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:30 PM
localbroadcast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 95 neon aswell, and from what i've read on the internet this was a common problem. Some people get the turn signal coming on when they press the break, sometimes the signals just stick, n and in my case, when you press the break then put on the left signal, the signal will stay on (not blinking like it should) even after the turn is completed. It's a problem with the electronics inside the signal mechanism, and its pretty simple to fix it. you remove a few panels from around the steering column until you get at the signaling thing, unplug it from the wire harness, and put a new one in. Costs about 40$ for a new one, maybe cheaper if you look thru a junk yard. Personally I took mine apart to see if anything else could have been causing the problem, and just put it back how it was.. It's just an annoyance that I've learned to deal with.. 40$ on a 95 Neon seems like a big investment for me!

Quick Reply: Turn signals not working correctly