1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Fuel return question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:01 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel return question

so the external will override the stock and suck the fuel past the stock fpr at a higher rate then stock????

Old 11-21-2007, 05:18 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

so the external will override the stock and suck the fuel past the stock fpr at a higher rate then stock????
exactly

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/96CDD4CC6EFE4E3B97A4F7E7BA8933C2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-21-2007, 05:26 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

This seems alot better then shelling out so much for a spoolboy, but dont you still have all the restrictions of the stock pickup. is there a point where this set up is rendered un-useable due to the restrictions???

Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

and as far as the compleate fuel setup do you have the stock fuel pump to a external 255lph fuel pump to a begi rrfpr (or another rrfpr) to the fuel rail to a return line and back to your modded fuel canister....

if this is right. what stops me from running this setup and then just drilling a hole at the top of my plastic fuel tank, installing the proper an fittings and having the fuel drain back in that way... Just be easyer then pulling the fuel pump... or is this another stupid idea??? Would it be safe???

Old 11-22-2007, 07:11 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

I think this rolled off spud and im really interested in you answering my last question sorry for moving this back up...

Old 11-22-2007, 08:45 PM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

and as far as the compleate fuel setup do you have the stock fuel pump to a external 255lph fuel pump to a begi rrfpr (or another rrfpr) to the fuel rail to a return line and back to your modded fuel canister....
ok it goes like this:
stock fuel pump/stock fpr......255lph external pump.....fuel rail.....begi fpr.....return line.....stock pump....

so.....
with the highflow pump, it will suck alot of gas really quickly out of the canister.....the point of putting the return line back into the canister is so that alot of the gas thats drained from the canister will then be returned directly back to it.......otherwise the stock intank pump module wont be able to pull enough fuel back into the canister and the canister will run dry.....which in turn will run you short of gas and can burn out the stock pump.....
basically running the return line into the canister will make it so that your stock pump wont have to work as hard.....

there really arent any major restrictions with the stock pickup.....i used my setup while running 15psi with no lack of fuel problems

Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

I see thanks for the explination...now I have also heard of people putting a 1:1 somewhere in the line of fuel stuff along with the rrfpr, whats that all about??? And just out of curiosity. If your way works just fine (witch im not doubting you that it does) why do people go threw all the pain of doing the spool boy with it inside the canister??? Your way just seems so much easyer. And I sware if you do go back to stock I want your canister, it looks easy enuf to do but why do it when you can have someone else...lol God i jacked the hell out of this thread...

Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 PM
spudsterier
Legend

a 1:1 is a rrfpr......it just referres to the rate that the fuel rises.....for every 1 pound of boost the fuel pressure will rise 1 psi......

the spoolboy mod elimintates the need for 2 fuel pumps.....thats why alot of people do it.....with the spoolboy mod you only need a high flow intank pump, not the external.....
i run the 255lph walboro external fuel pump AND a 255lph walboro intank pump module

i paid $100 for the module and a guy i know did the return line work....fittings came out to about $60

ifa buddyof mine doesnt buy the whole turbo kit then i will let you know when i sell it

Old 11-22-2007, 10:11 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

this is the thread that im refering to....There saying use 2 but why when all you need is one....Also what is the idea ratio for a srt setup??? lol well i guess that you cant do that. lol

ill cut and copy...

Q) I have a cartech regulator and a 1:1 aeromotive regulator. I need to know the correct way to install them on the car for use with a turbo. Does the 1:1 regulator go before the fuel rail and the cartech rrfpr after? Or do they both go after the fuel rail. Like out of the fuel rail into the 1:1, out to the rrfpr, then out to the return line to the tank. I know that you can just use the rrfpr but I was told to run it with a 1:1 regulator. Something about keeping the fuel pressure really stable.

A)Don't listen to him. His advice is incorrect. You have to put any regulator after the fuel rail to have any sort of accurate pressure in the rail. Even if you stack up four regulators, they all have be after the rail. And you want to put the one that reaches the highest fuel pressure last.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:16 PM
spudsterier
Legend

they are jus tsaying that 2 regulators will give you a more stable pressure, but 1 regulator works just fine...
i used a 1:1 aeromotive the last time i had the turbo on my car, but then sold it since i came across a begi....though i wish i would have never sold it because i actually liked the aeromotive one more

Quick Reply: Fuel return question