1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

kinda confused about oil troubles...VIDEO IS UP RIGHT NOW

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:37 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kinda confused about oil troubles...uploading video right now...

boxer, I'm from a 350 modified racing family and could rebuild a 350 block since i was 12.. helped a buddy rebuild his dohc and re-built plenty of Honda moters. However try calling around to all the local junk yards and see if you can get a decent 2.4 block and I would beable to switch that in alot faster than rebuilding your 2.0 and alot cheaper to.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

ok i found someone willing to sell and ship me a motor with 31k on it for $895 is that a pretty good price??

Old 12-10-2007, 03:16 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

The one with 82,000 miles on it looks pretty good, I would personally just grab a used low mileage motor, slap a new timing belt, water pump, and tensioner on it while it is out of the car, then drop her right in.
hey at that website how can they have engines with 0 miles on them?? cost less then the ones with 40k or so

2.0L,SOHC,TESTED,RUN NS NICE0A7F035
$550.07

Engine
Dodge Neon2.0L,G,AT, NRAI32,597ARK0019$750Kubis Auto Parts, Inc. USA-NY(Auburn) E-mail 1-800-233-3799

Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 AM
hnda8r
Captain

Boxer, you dont have anyone near ya that knows anything about Neons? That kinda sucks cause you can buy an entire engine for around 250 pulled (at least over here) and have you and a couple friends put it in. Shoot, I bought onew/67k on it for 255 pulled,hada few bent valves but nonetheless aHELL of alot cheaper then what your pricing. It should just take a day for the install. Back in the diz zay my buddies and I tore an engine out and installed a built engine all in one day.

I see no point in having the car checked out, if you know yourself that the engine is messed up, just replace it. IDK maybe Im just thinking out loud. But I do know that the 2.0 engine is a dime a dozen.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:03 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

yeah but if its cheaper to get the engine fixed instead of buying a new one then i should just get it fixed.. and i dont have the tools or the time to drop an engine in myself.. i would have to pay someone i go to school at 7 in the morning to about 4 then i go to work at 5 untill about 1:00.. so have no free time what so ever how much you think a shop would charge to drop one in ??

Old 12-13-2007, 01:09 PM
hnda8r
Captain

Man that sucks to have no time at all. Im not too sure on what they'll charge, but I would say it wouldnt be cheap. I say 1200 or more.

You dont know anyone that has the tools to pull an engine? Theres gotta be someone that you know that has the tools, and at least a carport or something. If you dont, just cross your fingers and hope that its nothing too major.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

Hi boxer how ya doing??? lol look like i said if you need some help I'll make the drive its not that far...I'll bring all my tools all i need from you is a engine hoist and perferably a trany hoist too... you can rent them by the day from a strobles if you have them there or a car auto place... Now you may need to pay for gas but I would be willing to do it...JUST TO GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THE WIFE...

Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

ok well tomorrow im gonna see whats wrong and see what im doing and ill get back to you ill prolly do it this spring[:'(] cuz i would have to save my money... and i would love to start over witha newer motor that hasnt been hot rodded its whole life

Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 PM
hnda8r
Captain

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

ok well tomorrow im gonna see whats wrong and see what im doing and ill get back to you ill prolly do it this spring[:'(] cuz i would have to save my money... and i would love to start over witha newer motor that hasnt been hot rodded its whole life
OH C'MON Boxer, this could be a winter project. Ask your mom and dad if you can borrow some money. I know they dont want you to walk....lol.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:18 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

ok i went to the shp and i have a rod knocking which is waht was figured but i just wanted to see.. so im deffinantly considering the 2.4 but its alot more work taht is needed the shop i went to said they would charge 500 to drop the 2.0 in but i would try to do it myself but the 2.4 would be better to get past the modded hondas in my town 95-96 would you be able to help with the 2.4 swap?? so i saw the list of stuff that i will need for it on another post but mostly it deppends on the price of the 2.4 engine... cuz ive found the 2.0 with 30k for 900 shipped to my door... so it all depends

oh yeah and im driving a cutlass [8D] its slow as hell its top speed is 80

oh yeah i got my neon up to 115 on the way to oklahoma according to my tomtom..

oh an on the way to the shop i race a dakota truck and beat it i figured it would win cuz i think they have v8 and they look pretty light. but it didnt stand a chance and i ahve a knocking rod which i dont know if that takes away from performance but i think it would

Quick Reply: kinda confused about oil troubles...VIDEO IS UP RIGHT NOW