1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

kinda confused about oil troubles...VIDEO IS UP RIGHT NOW

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:53 AM
bone33
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kinda confused about oil troubles...uploading video right now...

if you didnt have oil when you checked it and everythig was tight, then they didnt put enough oil in it in the first place. i know you drove around a few days before getting on the highway to go home. a engine will run ok with little oil in it, but as soon as you get on the highway at sustained higher RPM's, oil starvation will happen and you will break something.

did you add oil since all this happened? either way, i wouldnt fix it myself, i would go to the store and bitch a river. you will get results if you talk to the manager and if he cant help you, then talk to his manager and then his manager if you cant get it fixed. i have personal experience with issues at wally world and the one time i needed something major done, i went all the way to high level management in Bentenville Arkansas. not only did i get all my money back and my problem solved, but i got $250 in store credit for my troubles.

good luck.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:36 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i still dont know what to say....

this is what im thinking but i dont see how it would get my engine fixed cuz how do they know that it wasnt like this before?? and how would they know that i didnt drain the oil??

hello can i speak to the car servicing manager

"hello i recently got my oil change at a walmart in Sandsprings Ok well a couple days later my engine started making weird noises so i pulled it over and check everything out and my oil was completely empty and now there is something wrong wiht my car"

something like that FEEL FREE TO EMPERVISE OR TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD SAY WORD FOR WORD

The only problem i can see comeing from this is them blaming the mass losage of oil from the small hole in my oil pan whihc this is not true cuz i usually only have to put a quart in every month or so... so what should i do about that??

Old 12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

i still dont know what to say....

this is what im thinking but i dont see how it would get my engine fixed cuz how do they know that it wasnt like this before?? and how would they know that i didnt drain the oil??

hello can i speak to the car servicing manager

"hello i recently got my oil change at a walmart in Sandsprings Ok well a couple days later my engine started making weird noises so i pulled it over and check everything out and my oil was completely empty and now there is something wrong wiht my car"

something like that FEEL FREE TO EMPERVISE OR TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD SAY WORD FOR WORD

The only problem i can see comeing from this is them blaming the mass losage of oil from the small hole in my oil pan whihc this is not true cuz i usually only have to put a quart in every month or so... so what should i do about that??
if it were me i would forget about wal-mart trying to help because its not going to happen. You have no proof that they did someting wrong.

the oil didnt just disappear,maybe its getting into your cooling system or your burning massive amounts.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:54 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

how do you burn oil in massive amounts??? and my cooling system looks clean i checked that cuz my friend said that it might be leaking into there but i would like that 5 quarts of oil in my cooling system i would deffinantly be noticing it when i open up the coolent tube..

Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

how do you burn oil in massive amounts??? and my cooling system looks clean i checked that cuz my friend said that it might be leaking into there but i would like that 5 quarts of oil in my cooling system i would deffinantly be noticing it when i open up the coolent tube..
oil that leaks pastpiston rings orvalve guides and gets into you cylinder will burn on the power stroke. a small amount is normall but once you get puffs of white smoke coming from you exhaust large amounts of oilare leaking past seals and burning.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:16 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

stuff on abnormal oil loss

http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Bulletin/D...l/pdf/g01b.pdf

http://www.amsoil.com/dealer/techser..._0403_2004.pdf

Old 12-03-2007, 09:03 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

Your lash adjusters dont sound like there getting "auto" adjusted =) Take er to walmart and have them fix that ****! well not have them fix it but have them pay for it! The lash adjusters arent too hard to fix tho so see what walmart is gunna do about it!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

the way i figure it is that you have run theengine without oil thus damaging every moving part inside, not just the ones that sound broken. why dont you look for a used engine and call it a day. getting walmart to pay for it, after you said that you have a hole in the oil pan, probably isnt going to fly, because they have insurance for these instances and they are going to call their insurance adjuster to take a good look at your car and they will find that hole and or other problems that will make it look bad for you.

i would just put this case on my lessons learned list and start changing my own oil.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:14 AM
grswat
Veteran

My engine had a slightly less severe sound like that right before the timing belt snapped. I think the sound was actually from the water pump getting ready to seize. I know it has nothing to do with the oil issue but just my thoughts.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:00 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain

Lash adjusters.

Quick Reply: kinda confused about oil troubles...VIDEO IS UP RIGHT NOW