1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

1998 r/t turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1998 r/t turbo questions

well i just sold my rrfpr to a guy along with a few other things and had to pay for my ms.... but my ms only cost me 100 dollars, so i am not complaining

Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st gens dont need a fuel management system....only a map clamp....

the stock fuel pump may work....but its gonna run you very lean.....the car will still run, but add a bit more fuel and you will notice that the throttle response is might better and your power band will be much stronger....
stock fuel pressure is only 48-52 psi....under 8 pounds of boost, you should saftely have about 115-125psi....there is no way a stock fuel pump will push out this kind of pressure when running through a stock regulator

when installing sumthing such as a turbo, you NEED to make sure to supply enough fuel, otherwise, in time you will run into major problems...

i do not suggest using only the stock fuel pump and stock regulator if you care about your car...do it the right way and make sure you can supply enough fuel to your motor

im gettingsick of all this information posted about being able to use the stock fuel pump/regulator, to do it saftely for you and your car, get a different high flow fuel pump

Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 AM
dtjackten

hey spud, u may now the answer to this question no one else is postin on 2nd gen... anyway... can i get away with running a stock reg and that inline pump i got from u... and NOT running a rrfpr, but running my MS..... do i have to have the fuel reg to adjust fuel?? i think the ms will take control of that electronicly but i am not 100%

Old 03-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

the stock fuel pump may work....but its gonna run you very lean.....the car will still run, but add a bit more fuel and you will notice that the throttle response is might better and your power band will be much stronger....
stock fuel pressure is only 48-52 psi....under 8 pounds of boost, you should saftely have about 115-125psi....there is no way a stock fuel pump will push out this kind of pressure when running through a stock regulator

when installing sumthing such as a turbo, you NEED to make sure to supply enough fuel, otherwise, in time you will run into major problems...

i do not suggest using only the stock fuel pump and stock regulator if you care about your car...do it the right way and make sure you can supply enough fuel to your motor

im gettingsick of all this information posted about being able to use the stock fuel pump/regulator, to do it saftely for you and your car, get a different high flow fuel pump
Neons run rich anyway, I've got 5 months and 6,000 miles on my Turbo running the STOCK FUEL PUMP/REGULATOR ect ect...

On Neons the rods are going through the pan before a hole through your pistons. Thats what they make high octane gas for! 2.2 Turbo cars had a 45psi fuel pump and could run up tp 13psi on a stock pump, so the Neons 48psipump is up to the task of 8psi. The fkn admins here will have a person running broke and buying un-needed **** with their scare tactics. You'll be spending more in gas with that huge fuel pump and taking out your fouled out plugs everyday.

Run colder plugs and you wont ping!

You can tell when a motor pings and know when to shut it down.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 PM
dtjackten

UMM... well slash that is were u r wrong on the fuel pump... the welbro pump u still can get good gas milage out of.... i was running 25mpg last year boosted.... granted this year i am runing another inline pump due to bigger mods done this past winter... but i am still hoping to get about 23 per gallon..... i think spud got 27 with his setup.... but i could be wrong.....

Old 03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

do u have any pics of ur setup slash??
that would be nice

Old 03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Slashwannabe

I'll have some up latertoday as its finally warm enough out to work on it. Maybe even a video

Old 03-12-2008, 03:35 PM
dtjackten

well quick question for everyone involved in this post... ms question of course.... i put a welbro 255 fuel pump in my car, but i am still running the stock reg. and just want to know if i will need a inline pump also??? i could sell the pump for alittle profit right now... but if i need it i am not going to sell it odviously,..... i know i will need it next year when the bottom end is built but i was just wondering about running low boost?????? 8psi is my wastegate spring....

Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

Neons run rich anyway, I've got 5 months and 6,000 miles on my Turbo running the STOCK FUEL PUMP/REGULATOR ect ect...

On Neons the rods are going through the pan before a hole through your pistons. Thats what they make high octane gas for! 2.2 Turbo cars had a 45psi fuel pump and could run up tp 13psi on a stock pump, so the Neons 48psipump is up to the task of 8psi. The fkn admins here will have a person running broke and buying un-needed **** with their scare tactics. You'll be spending more in gas with that huge fuel pump and taking out your fouled out plugs everyday.

Run colder plugs and you wont ping!

You can tell when a motor pings and know when to shut it down.
your such adamn moron...
just because the car has been running, doesnt mean it isnt running right.....

2.2 turbo cars may have had a 45psi fuel pump, but they were made to handle the turbo (i.e., fuel injectors, pcm, rods, regulator) the neons were not built to handle a turbo, therefor the neons fuel pump can easily overheat and the pump/injectors can fail quicker....

DT:
if you care about your car and the work/money that you are putting into it, i would think too indepth about anything that slash says....
you can run the inline pump off of the stock regulator, but without the rrfpr, the pump will be pushing a constant psi of about 120-140 at idle...
i have no idea about MS, so i cant give you any ideas about how it would work with the fuel pumps.....

i had a a walboro 255lph intank pump module and the inline 255lph pump... never gave me any problems with not having enough fuel....
i used the car for work which is alot of stop and go driving and averaged about 27mpg....with regular driving and interstate driving i would be able to get about 30-35mpg...and thats with beating the hell out of the car

Old 03-12-2008, 10:40 PM
dtjackten

well spud i think u know that i care about my car, and i have done alot of resurch on the car, but alot of times i get frustrated due to no one giving me an answer, and it they do i never feel confident in there answer... i was told by a VERY knowlegable guy that did a 2.4 engine swap in a 95 neon that i could run "either" of the ms or a rrfpr..... i think the ms will be able to adjust the fuel pressure and the fuel curves electronicly..... but like i said all i want is a yes or no answer, and an explanation that i can say.... "alright i can sell the fuel reg, and it will not bite me in the *** later"......

thanks spud.... no one on the second gen forum seems to know or just does not want to tell me i think a very simple question........

i have the welbro 255 in tank pump already installed.... inline i will prolly do in the very near future.......... just because i know it will need it at some point (next year when the bottom end gets built)

Quick Reply: 1998 r/t turbo questions