1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

My neon sold

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My neon sold

Its weird. I put it on craigslist and a guy messages me and said this. Is it still in good condition? What your final asking price? And he said his shipping agent will pick it up. The weird thing is he seems pushy to send the check. He hasnt even asked nothing about the car? All he wanted was my shipping adress to send the check. Seems iffy? But oh well i got the money to buy a new one!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Default RE: My neon sold

you need to tell him that you he is only allowed to take the car after the check clears... this just sounds weird...

post up your craigs list posting... I wanna see it...

Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
96ACR*
Veteran

SCAM!! man big scam. is it a cachiers check?? if so its probably fake and you will get it and deposit the check the bank will find out its a fake and automaticly withdrawl the money from your account and you will not be able to do a dam thing about it. tell the guy you want cash or pay pal. if he keeps on insisting a check its a scam, ive had it tried on me twice.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Well its a cashiers check. He is having a agent pick it up. He said i need to cash the check and pay for the agent. Anyway i can check the check when it comes? Just take it to a head bank and have the exam it. If fake I will turn him in. Simple as that. right?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

He said money order or cashiers check. I said either is fine.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:06 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Here is the message he first sent me.

Subject: About Your Item Place @ Craiglist.Org

My name is Mr Glenns im intrested in the purchase of this item but i will like to ask you gew questions before we can proceed.[/align] [/align] 1:Is the item still avialable for sale[/align]
2:Is it still in a good condition[/align]
3:What is your final asking price[/align]
4:Will you accept Money Order or Cashiers Check for the payment of this item[/align]
5:Finally will you take off the item from the website as soon as we conclude the transaction.[/align] [/align] I will take care of the shipping so you need not to worry about the shpping okey,i will be expecting a reply from you so that we can move from here..[/align]
R egards [/align]
Glenns

Old 02-21-2008, 09:23 PM
96ACR*
Veteran

that is a scam, i got a similar message twice, one for my truck and one for my bike, dont fall for it man. tell him cash and see what he says, but its a scam

Here is one i got for my bike

Hello, Am intrested in this item of yours and i would like to make the payment available by cashier's check ASAP, however the shipment will be take place in your house and carry out by my shipper who will come to your house or location of the item to pick it up, that is after the check has clear in your account. also i will add the shipper fee on the check am sending you, all you have to do is to pay the balance to my shipper when he come for the shipment.so kindly send me your name and address

Another one
Hello Tom[/align] Thanks for the response to my enquiry.Im interesting in purchasing
it and will want you to withdraw the advert from the Market so that no other buyer will come for this as am buying it. I can only issue you a
certified check in US dollars that will be okay for you because im too busy arranging things for my relocation,after which my mover will come over for the pick up,that would be after you must have recieved your payment.I've read through with the advert and am satisfied with the details and conditions so please i will need your name,full address and your phone# to issue out the payment
[/align][/align]Its a scam man[/align]

Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah thats a scam.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Okay i will just let him send the check and turn it into the cops and let them tryt to catch him. I hate theives.

Quick Reply: My neon sold