1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Will 2.0 SOHC head work on 2.4 DOHC block?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
TooManyMopars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Swap

I have a 2.4 swap done on my 1998 Dodge Neon. I have shorty headers and the shorty intake. The low-end power is unreal. I run 30lb injectors in my car and I can get about 27-29 miles per gallon with the right fuel. Also a 2.0 DOHC should fit the 2.4 with NO issues at all. If you decide to do this option you will have to make some wiring changes that are simple to do. With that said there are a few other items you will need doing a 2.4 block in your vehicle. You will have to have an under-drive pulley, the stock 2.0 pulley WILL NOT FIT with a 2.4 block. You will need a motor mount kit to make the motor fit as well. The front mount has to be shaved a lil to fit around the 2.4 oil pan. 24lb injectors will work fine if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. (I learned the hard way about this and blew holes in my pistons - too lean.) The 30lb injectors will work with the stock regulator and keep the engine safe. I also would get the deyeme racing motor mounts to handle the extra torque. My car is a 5 speed with these mounts and a solid bobble strut. Other than that, the job is a pain to say the least but, when you get it done, the mustangs and hondas will shudder in fear when you cruise by.

Last edited by TooManyMopars; 02-02-2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added Notes
Old 02-13-2011, 09:34 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankie106
and if i use the 2.4 block with 2.0 head what timing gears do i need the sohc or dohc ?
Considering the timing gear attaches to the cam which is in the head, you would use the SOHC cam gear.

Originally Posted by TooManyMopars
Also a 2.0 DOHC should fit the 2.4 with NO issues at all.
There is no difference between the 2.0 head and the 2.4 head. Same part number from Dodge. The difference is in the block.

Quick Reply: Will 2.0 SOHC head work on 2.4 DOHC block?