1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What about nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:40 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What about nitrous?

no thats a wideband A/F gauge... it moniters your A/F ratio letting you know if your lean or rich... and when your data logging you will see where your detonating (it will show up as a lean spike) and know that you have to pull timing using your cam gear... then you do another run look at the datalogging... it allows you to sqeeze every last bit of timing advace as you can giving you the most hp you can get and still stay safe...

Old 05-31-2008, 11:02 AM
V10
Professional

Anybody have experience with the 05182 NOS Neonkit? What's weird is the Holley/NOS webpage lists it as a 50hp kit, but Summit lists it as 75, 100, 135 depending on jet size.

Also, any input on the Split Second TMC1 timing map controller? I have a VEC1 I bought off a Viper guy, but it appears to only have the ability to advance the timing and I want the option of retarding it a few degrees if neccessary.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:06 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

alright so i had to ask something here... my car is boosted, and is torn down as i type, the car will not be driven for about one year from today... anyway, with nitrous i can do all my timing changes threw my ms.... so is there ANYTHING else i will need to get the car to run SAFLY with a bottle hooked to it??(more for braging rightsthan anything else, dyno, and track)i will be running a "safe" 12-15 psi on my turbo setup.... low compression pistons, rods and head will all be built when the car is pulled out of the garage next year....

also that kit that u showed 95to96 how good do u think that kit is... that price kinda worries me??

Old 05-31-2008, 02:48 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

alright so i had to ask something here... my car is boosted, and is torn down as i type, the car will not be driven for about one year from today... anyway, with nitrous i can do all my timing changes threw my ms.... so is there ANYTHING else i will need to get the car to run SAFLY with a bottle hooked to it??(more for braging rightsthan anything else, dyno, and track)i will be running a "safe" 12-15 psi on my turbo setup.... low compression pistons, rods and head will all be built when the car is pulled out of the garage next year....

also that kit that u showed 95to96 how good do u think that kit is... that price kinda worries me??
whitch MS unit are you using?

Old 05-31-2008, 08:27 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

any of the ms2 version 3 or higher can do anything you want it to do including timing and nitrous controll...

Old 05-31-2008, 11:52 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

for some reason i was thinking ms3 was the only one that had the extra signal wire or isit justthe relay board

Old 06-01-2008, 01:35 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

they dont have a ms3 yet... just ms 2 ver...3.75 however the 3.75 is brand new... but you are right you do have to have the relay board as well in order to run the nos...

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 AM
dtjackten

ms2 vs 3.0 is what i am currently installing....

Old 06-02-2008, 11:10 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

fun aint it...lol just remember to keep it simple clean and tight... and the bigest thing to remember is to have a really really good ground... MS is just about as picky with its ground as the neon is itself... add the two together and you got 2 things that dont like bad grounds...

do you have a MAP yet to get you started???

And remember since the MS doesent use things like the cam sensor... take it off and make a nice block off plate... make the engine bay look nice while your at it... I know you have your motor out might as well take the little extra time...

Also you may want to think about Gheto shielding your MS coilpack wires and injector wires... heres a link from UNA explaining how to do it...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKVe_pfWQWQ
it will cancle out any electrical noise in the lines and make it work alot better... UNA is the neon MS god he also has a Omni that is 2.4 swapped and MS... he also mods MS's really cheap and adds tons of options that they normally dont have like tach signal, launch control tons of stuff and he does 5 of them for 50 bucks... if you want his email let me know and he will help you out...

Old 06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
dtjackten

yeah it is alot of fun to mess with, but i will need the cam position sensor to get it to pass new york state inspection... but if u dont mind pm me his email so i can talk to him, i have alot of questions for him accually... thanks

Quick Reply: What about nitrous?