1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

No 4th Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:48 PM
streetracer88
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it said torque converter circuit electrical but it also said neutral safety switch so i replaced the neutral safety switch and that went away but the torque converter electrical stayed on and thats when i called my mechanic and he said that its inside the tranny and it would cost bout $600 to do that and about another $400 for misc stuff so it would pass inspection so i just got rid of it seeing how i already put $1500 into it last month

Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Well considering used trannys are about $100, I would just replace it. So it either the torque converter itself, or its the solenoid?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM
streetracer88
All Star

around me trannys are anywhere from $300-$700 so i figure its not worth it lol....my opinion the car was a lemon anyway lol..

Old 03-14-2009, 02:37 PM
GCash

I got under there yesterday. i pulled the switch out of my extra motor/trans combo, changed it and still had a light, started tracing wires, and one was cut and another was pinched, so i cut out the pinched area, and solderd it back together, no more engine light and trans ****s good. only problem i have now, and is sometimes it won't let me start the car in park, i got to put it in neutral. and i tryed switching back the switches. this car has been an electrial nightmare. the previous owner thought it was a hot rod and did a bunch of work to it not really knowing what he was doing. i couldn't tell ya how many wires i've fixed and plugs ive changed because they were melted or cut wires. thanks for the help guys

Old 03-14-2009, 02:49 PM
GCash

didn't realize this went to page 2. i picked up the motor/tranny combo for $500. the owner told me he was have trans problems. so i just replaced everything. if it would have checked the wiring i probally would have been able to just replace the motor. but thats ok

Quick Reply: No 4th Gear