1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

stealth motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
rayraydoet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well in my opioun it can be done. i own a 300zx tt 1100hp all fully worked i built did body work frame work paint everything,intior customn everything custom drive shaft rear end you name it it has it. the 2 motors are in te same spec i would say its compatition at my z stock if you were to take the stock block and the trany it came with you could buy a axle for the back install a 4 link suspension easy if you know how to weld and cut down the axle shaft to size weld them they sell cheap kits you got to look install that in the back get custom lenth driveshaft to the trans yo messure with the motor and trans in and the rearend you would have to make 2 mounts on each side of the wheel well in the front there are 2 mounts one on each side weld that to gether it only needs a place to sit and a hole for the bolt and nut you would have to take the intioer apart and cut the firewall and house below for the trans and weld all new sheet metal fit tomade and install all you stuff its a lot of work but it can be done with patiants sorry for the spellin eras lol

Old 04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
streetracer88
All Star

lol sounds alot more complicated than i thought lol...maybe i will wait on that lol....till i get more money to hack up a car lol..

Old 04-07-2009, 10:17 PM
sabin420
Captain

I'd rather try and take a corvette LS1 Motor or 350 and tranny and make it a MR car. Put it in the back seat w/ the tranny and rear diff in the back. you can easily have custom shafts made for cheap. Little cutting here, welding there, tubing, and you got urself a neon that can do a wheel stand

Old 04-07-2009, 10:39 PM
streetracer88
All Star

haha that would be insane i seen a honda civic 2dr with a 502 big block in it and they had to pretty much get rid of the front wheel wells and cut the firewall and move it back and re weld stuff they eve had to cut the frame and make a tube frame but that car ran 9.xx secs in a quarter and it was loud and make the ground shake it was crazy fast and loud lol..

Quick Reply: stealth motor?