1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Why must some people Rice out their neons?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Nuklhed074
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why must some people Rice out their neons?

so everytime someone asks me what i drive i simply say, a neon, and on with the laughter. Sure they dont know what i have done to it or what it looks like its just we get a bad name. so i decided to do a little research and see why. And ill be damned everyone does with plenty of exections but people are doing pointless mods like huge wings and stupid body kits and their automatic stock peices of you know what. I jus dont understand how someone could want to take a car with so much potential and so many different way to use it, and completley ignore it and make it slow and look like crap with stupid wings and dual exhaust and paint all the interior parts some stupid color and leave eveything...EVERYTHING stock lol i just dont get it. So post the nicest neon pic you can find and lets redeem ourselves.
Why must some people Rice out their neons?-images.jpg

Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neons get ragged on because its an American car... and has no Vtech... among other things. Frankly, I don't see that many riced out Neons. Least not around me. Most Neons I see around my area are POS that are 10 different colors, are beaten to Hell and back, and smoke like crazy... then you have mine that I autocross and only got beaten by a Mini cooper, turbo MR2 spyder and a heavily modded Teg (Lost by 3 tenths of a second due to me making a mistake)

Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

has any one noticed thats neons 1st gen and 2nd gen are domestic ricers but srt-4's are american muscle?...imo the neon is a great car its very dependable in a race, as a daily driver, or just in maintence wise...but the only mods people around az do is put on a 8' wing and a invader kit...only performance is no exhaust at all lol...sounds like a rocket but its just sad to see a neon with no back pressure going so slow...and they let it get beat the hell up...to each his own though

Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
SHANKS

i frankly dont car what ppl say and they can talk all they want i see it as they have to ride that trash heap not me. my themes are strickly my own but not at a ricey look. i know whats enough and whats to much. i have three aluminum wings high mid and low and only the low would have that look to it but still doesnt go wit the car. simple is good stock to be original fine but added colors and lights and unnessesary parts all that crap i sware someone wants to be in the next fast and the furious movie.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Nuklhed074
Veteran

thats all it is people saw a movie and thought it was kewl all the sudden when really they jus look stupid like people that put huge tachs on the dash when there is one in their cluster its jus so dumb

Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 AM
SHANKS

lol That part kills me havin a tech on your dash when your not even usin it for its purpose, only cuz they had it in the movie and now someone turns there car in the movie version and ****s it all up.
this my homeboys dodge neon
Name:  S7000071.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  226.0 KB
Name:  S7000070.jpg
Views: 7744
Size:  211.6 KB
all work done by him and look NO CRAZY CRAP LOL

Old 11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

people can rice out anything! you know how many v6 chargers i see running around town that just look hideous..

Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 PM
streetracer88
All Star

im sorry but srt-4's arent "American Muscle" a chevelle,camaro stuff like that is American muscle i seen srt-4's get beat by stock cobalt ss's so to me they arent all that impressive throw a turbo on a dohc 1st gen neon or throw that motor (2.4)in a 1st gen neon i bet it will outrun a srt-4 im sorry but i just had to say something about that "American Muscle" thing now i bet i will get aten up but o well lol..And not to dis your "home boy" but that car looks ugly/stupid

Old 11-21-2009, 04:35 AM
moparmandjh
Amateur

They do it because its theirs and not yours, I don't like it but I also remember when the back bumper of a Chevelle had to be three feet off the ground with loud pipes or it wasn't fast. Remember the ugly *** 70's custom paint jobs? Everyone has their own tastes. I remember when I wouldn't be caught dead in a 4 cylinder car, let alone a neon. Doc

Old 11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
SHANKS

Originally Posted by streetracer88
im sorry but srt-4's arent "American Muscle" a chevelle,camaro stuff like that is American muscle i seen srt-4's get beat by stock cobalt ss's so to me they arent all that impressive throw a turbo on a dohc 1st gen neon or throw that motor (2.4)in a 1st gen neon i bet it will outrun a srt-4 im sorry but i just had to say something about that "American Muscle" thing now i bet i will get aten up but o well lol..And not to dis your "home boy" but that car looks ugly/stupid
lol well thats his taste but it aint riced out just has a custom paint job is what im sayin. so someone explain what is the way to go wit the neon simple or what.

Quick Reply: Why must some people Rice out their neons?