1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Do Not Do Business W/ GhostNeon2!!!!!Be For Warned!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local machine shop here in Hazel Green, AL (Roland's - Plug!) had me pay for all the parts he had to order up front, but as for the labor to clean and bore the motor and some other minor things he did, I paid for that when the job was finished - so it is expected to pay for certain things up front and pay the remainder when the transaction is completed. He did everything in just two days - so if you have a good setup and are truly ready to do the work, then it does not take a good machine shop long to do the work - but it can take a long time to get TO the job to start. When anyone takes something to a machine shop. It is OK to ask how long the job takes, but it is WAY better to ask WHEN they can get started. The best machine shops STAY covered up!

Ghost, it sounds like you need to get all your ducks in a row before taking on any future tasks and while I understand you don't have a lot of money, just remember that folks don't really care about your personal problems when it affects them business-wise. They just want what they paid for, or their money back. Harsh, but a reality nonetheless.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 AM
96NeonJunk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ghost Neon 2
Altima, I did not call you anything, and the poor guy you speak of not living in the states was a liar. superD and others can speak on the behalf, and the parts they did not receive. But I digress.

I truly wish Jose would dare file any complaint what so ever in the US. I pray for such an opportunity! He is on Facebook, if you really want to ask him. I'll have to dig up the tracking info from back then.

Since this is the new form of communication, suppose I'll check this more than normal. Shawn, the head is not the issue. The valves are, which need to be cleaned before installation. These are used valves and should be cleaned before installing in the cylinder head.

Just wanted to check see maybe if things are wrapped up and ready 4 shipment, let me know.....

Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bg1995redneon

Ghost, it sounds like you need to get all your ducks in a row before taking on any future tasks and while I understand you don't have a lot of money, just remember that folks don't really care about your personal problems when it affects them business-wise.
hahaha. I can give two what someone "cares" about. If the parts did not get worked on because I have family to tend to, then that is it. You, or anyone else not liking it is not my problem. I agreed to do head work, not tend to feelings. Hate to tell you, but no every shop, business, or organization performs as your shop does. The shop I used this time did not spray the head like the other. Another shop an hour out took a week to clean and pressure test the head. Another takes about three days. Your short story about your shop really isn't doing anything but increasing your post count. Guess it is nice to have a hobby.

BTT: Will update shortly...

Old 01-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Altima_wb
Captain

dude yes its nice to have a hobby and yeah i understand the family issue i'm married and have two wonderful daughters that come before anything else... but if your going to sell something like this you need to have it ready or at least have everything ready so that when someone buys one you have it ready to go right away... I know if i was trying to sell something like that i would have them sitting on hand complete and ready to ship... no mess and no wait for the buyer... and less reason or time for anything to get in the way.... there is no reason for this guy to wait this long...

Old 01-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Altima_wb
dude yes its nice to have a hobby and yeah i understand the family issue i'm married and have two wonderful daughters that come before anything else... but if your going to sell something like this you need to have it ready or at least have everything ready so that when someone buys one you have it ready to go right away... I know if i was trying to sell something like that i would have them sitting on hand complete and ready to ship... no mess and no wait for the buyer... and less reason or time for anything to get in the way.... there is no reason for this guy to wait this long...
I was not talking to you. I am not asking your permission or forgiveness, nor am I justifying anything to any of you. Like you even think this 4 page thread gives you a back stage pass to what has been going on. You flatter yourself, or perhaps I'll ruin your day by completing the head. After all, why would the scammer you claim me to be even care? I should be off living the good on poor Shawn's hard earned money.

I see you completely looked over my last post, so I will say it once more. I do not care what you think. You wanna share your feelings, call your mother!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain

You know what Ghost? Up to your last two replies, I gave you credit for being a guy who wanted to make money by working on cars and having personal issues affecting them but you know what? Go F$%^ yourself!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

If this was about making money, I would have made at least double what I asked. For getting the head cleaned, ported, new valve seals, and shipped, the price could have been higher. He had issues so I lowered the price to something reasonable for both of us. But that is what scammers do, right? I digress though. You appear to be let down about a situation that does not even involve you. You sound like a person that gets all bent outta shape over a "reality" shows, otherwise you would not have commented the way you did. What will I do about your post? The same thing you should have done about mine....not care.

Quick Reply: Do Not Do Business W/ GhostNeon2!!!!!Be For Warned!!!!!