1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

adjustable strutt

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
ohioguru
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable strutt

who makes adjustable struts for the 1gs? and where can i buy them?

Old 08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

What do you mean adjustable strut? Bobble strut? Or suspension strut? Konis you can adjust the ride but it does not have the adjustable top plate. You can find coilover kits on ebay (or you could) that have the adjustable plate. Try Modernperformance.com

Old 08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
ohioguru
Veteran

like adjustable dampening. pretty much a aftermarket version of the acr strutt. or someplace you can buy acr struts for under 200each

Old 08-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Old 08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
ohioguru
Veteran

dam. i was looking for some tokio's or something budget friendly. im only wanting to replace the rear. i have Gabriel's on a megan lowering spring and the front is going great but the rear seem to compress to easily and i was looking for a strut with adjustable dampening. or if anyone knows i hear alot about the KYB GR-2's. how do those work out? its not a racecar so keep that in mind. i just wanted to attack the entrance ramps on highways better and have some stance.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

KYB is one of the Factory supplier, so expect the GR-2 to be exactly the same as a factory strut.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:44 PM
ohioguru
Veteran

wasnt sure. seems that everyone reccomends those over everything else. tho i had hoped a 1.4 in drop would still be able to be handled by a oem strutt if it was new.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioguru
wasnt sure. seems that everyone reccomends those over everything else. tho i had hoped a 1.4 in drop would still be able to be handled by a oem strutt if it was new.
OEM struts are atually one of the best in terms of quality, that's why everyone recommends them. They are definitely way better than Gabriel. Tokico is atually a big OEM supplier as well. They make all the Struts for the newer Dodge Caliber/jeep Compass, Avengers, etc... you see what I am talking about?
But if you are looking for struts for Racing purpose like Koni or Billstein, they don't make them for your neon, unfortunately. But even if they do make them, Koni Struts are as expensive as Coil Over Kit.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:55 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by steak59
OEM struts are atually one of the best in terms of quality, that's why everyone recommends them. They are definitely way better than Gabriel. Tokico is atually a big OEM supplier as well. They make all the Struts for the newer Dodge Caliber/jeep Compass, Avengers, etc... you see what I am talking about?
But if you are looking for struts for Racing purpose like Koni or Billstein, they don't make them for your neon, unfortunately. But even if they do make them, Koni Struts are as expensive as Coil Over Kit.
They did offer konis for the neons a few years ago. They also came stock on ACR neons. They can be rebuilt if you find used ones, but it will cost ya. My srt-4 came stock with tokico struts that were adjustable.

Just some good oem struts, eibach or similar springs, sway bars, and poly bushing kit. That will give you one nice ride, i have had this setup in a few cars.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:43 PM
ohioguru
Veteran

see the issue is i did get good springs but my gabriel strutts in the back just blow. so im trying to figure out what brand i need to switch too as these are under warrenty and you best believe im returning them.

Quick Reply: adjustable strutt