1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Hey Everyone. Newbie here. Looking to learn some things!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM
ReDRockStar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Everyone. Newbie here. Looking to learn some things!

Hey everyone! Got out of my '93 Plymouth Sundance Duster 6g72, a604,
and bought me a 1995 dodge neon dohc sport coupe. Have my own shop, tools, lift. Have modded most of my other mopars before.

sunroof (doesnt leak, huge storm today), 5spd, rear disc brakes, abs, ac works

body is a little rough. 123k. 850 paid for it. had a replaced Alt, and radiator

needed a motor mount (front)

One big thing I can't figure is how the heck to remove the back piece of the stock intake airbox off to put an WAI or CAI in there. How do you do it?

And has anyone purchased the Forward Motion ECU? Is it worth the money after some other modding is done?

From just looking at it..it kinda looks like the Holley TB 52mm's might fit on? (the ones from the 87-88 3.0l 6g72's, and most 3.3l's). I know the TPS, and the AIC have the same ports...but IDK if the pigtails are. I didnt pull out my 2 spare 52mm to see if the mounting bolts line up

any thing anyone recommends!

Thanks for the help!

-Red

Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ReDRockStar
Hey everyone! Got out of my '93 Plymouth Sundance Duster 6g72, a604,
and bought me a 1995 dodge neon dohc sport coupe. Have my own shop, tools, lift. Have modded most of my other mopars before.

sunroof (doesnt leak, huge storm today), 5spd, rear disc brakes, abs, ac works

body is a little rough. 123k. 850 paid for it. had a replaced Alt, and radiator

needed a motor mount (front)

One big thing I can't figure is how the heck to remove the back piece of the stock intake airbox off to put an WAI or CAI in there. How do you do it?

And has anyone purchased the Forward Motion ECU? Is it worth the money after some other modding is done?

From just looking at it..it kinda looks like the Holley TB 52mm's might fit on? (the ones from the 87-88 3.0l 6g72's, and most 3.3l's). I know the TPS, and the AIC have the same ports...but IDK if the pigtails are. I didnt pull out my 2 spare 52mm to see if the mounting bolts line up

any thing anyone recommends!

Thanks for the help!

-Red
Welcome to the forum!
I usually fill the bad motor mounts with 3M quick dry window sealer. Airbox should have 2 bolts holding it the the bracket, and 2 bolts bolting the bracket to the head. Pull the filter out and look in there. < If I remember correctly, been a while. If I remember correctly the stock MTX TB is 49mm and the ATX TB is 52mm. There should be a write up somewhere on how to put the bigger jeep TB on. Never used a FM ECU before, so cant help ya there. Heres some good info for ya: http://www.allpar.com/neon/performance.html

Old 10-04-2012, 06:28 PM
ReDRockStar

You were correct about the bolts on the back of the air box. Had to put 2 tires on. Didn't look on the top yet for the bracket airbox bolts. but im sure thats whre they got to be at by looking. I should of knew about te ATX's having a 52mm TB. I had a 1997 breeze before (2.0l magnum head swap, wai, 8.5mm wires, slow as ***** cause of its weight) I probably wouldn't do the ECU til I added both of these, a dynomax exhaust kit (since ill get cost price), and a UDP.

Im really not intrested in ac nor PS delete did those to my last 2 "fun cars" and im starting to use this more as a DD, i enjoy it that much.

when I get around to it, ill post some pics. like i said the body is kinda rough,

OH! I can't find a driver's side exterior B piller cover to SAVE MY LIFE

Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM
96dohcsportcoupe
Amateur

lol tell me why I need one too haha

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 10-05-2012, 06:12 PM
ReDRockStar

wow. i actually found one..but it was 35 dollars

Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM
ReDRockStar

A video of my car...if anyone is interested :P

Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Nice car. If it were mine I would throw an srt-4 turbo on it. But then again I seem to do it to ever neon i own.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:08 PM
ReDRockStar

Ha would be nice. but looking for a more reliable DD...but come to think of it...I only drive like 120 miles IF that a week. I do need another vehicle now. Since I sold my other DD. (93 subby imprze HB 1.8l) Thats why I'll probably just do some bolt on's. Before I really started learning about cars much I had a 97 breeze with a built ATX, a 2.0l magnum head, intake, exhaust, and wires (lol) slow as hell. Now that I know whats going on, I never really had a mopar with a a decent amount of bolt-on's like this. Some other mopars I've owned are a 90 Lebaron 2.5t Hi-TQ, 88 New Yorker 318ci w/ 383 heads, 1980 024 1.7l swapped out for a 2.2lt, and a 93 Duster 3.0l n/a. My pops has a 68 roadrunner i've helped him with.

Here are videos of the pbody not to offtopic this more

Quick Reply: Hey Everyone. Newbie here. Looking to learn some things!