1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

COLD AIR

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:30 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: COLD AIR

OK well since this threat started ive gotten the cold air. Ive gotten 8hp out of it wich is great considering its an offbrand CAI. And I must admit, the car sounds beastly, well for a 4 banger. And as far as lightining the car, I did take out my doughnut, does that count?

Old 11-15-2005, 02:39 AM
clemson725
Professional

I have a bike . Thats one main reason why i dont mess with passenger cars and trucks. The truck is my everyday driver. The bike is for fun. Would take mucho money to get a car to run a 10.00 E.T. The bike does that stock.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:05 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

I think that qualifies as a duh comment, point taken though, someone had to say it.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:43 AM
tonedef1

As for a cold air intake i think you get moderate gains from them 4-7hp but it all depends on your other mods if you think about it have you driven your car on a 40deg day compeared to a 90 deg day you will notice your car has a little bit more pep on the cooler day and you do you think turbos run so much better with an intercooler than with out one because cooler air equals cooler engine temps which boosts engine performance weight reduction is all fine and well but fiberglass hoods??? thats just down right ghetto for strenght to weight fiberglass sucks and it chips in order for it to be as close to the same strength as the stcok hood it would have to be at least 7 layers and if it were 7 layer wet lay which most are it would weigh just about the same as the stock hood now carbon fiber is a diffrent story as is carbon kevlar but thats just my opinion

Old 11-25-2005, 01:31 AM
clemson725
Professional

You're pretty close to an idiot. Colder air does not increase efficiency because it lowers engine temperatures.....it increases efficiency because cooler air is denser and a more dense charge of air and fuel is more highly combustible. Weight savings doesnt help huh? I guess thats why the top fuel and funny cars have sheet metal bodies. Or maybe that's why jap cars are so quick with low horsepower because they are heavy? Some of you guys need to weigh your options. Are you trying to have a car that can smoke up a 1/4 mile or do you want a car that you can drive everyday with no problems, get 35mpg, etc.....? Sorry but you gotta give something to get something somewhere. I think you'd be very surprised at how much time you can save in a 1/4 mile with 500 lbs of weight off. Especially with a low hp car. My whole thing against CAI just upsets the people that spent $300 on something they cant see a difference from. and you know.......i'm fine with that. 4-7 hp at the crank equates to about 1-2 at the rear wheels which is about the difference of a 2mph headwind.

Quick Reply: COLD AIR