Legend
Default RE: still dont believe me???

and even another

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/C385B4D1E4774CFBA2F7BECB2D0D2616.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-04-2006 | 12:43 AM
duster117

well for what its worth, i believe you.
i had an 88 rx-7 that people said wouldnt do more than 140mph but mine went 157mph stock!!

Old 03-04-2006 | 01:47 AM
spudsterier
|
Legend

good...i just dont like people basically sayin im lying about what it can do...notice none of them have replied to this...

Old 03-04-2006 | 05:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier
but even if the tires were different then why would the computer program reading the speed sensor be off? wouldnt it just be the speedometer?
The speedometer and computer and what they show is determined by what the sensor(s) reads and in this case it is based on the wheel/tire combos revolutions. Changing the wheel/tire combos overall diameter will change the input that the sensor reads, thus changing what the speedometer and computer show. This leads to inaccurate speedometer and odometer readings and the faster you go the more exaggerated and inaccurate the readings become. An example (this is not the exact mathematical equation, I am just using this to show how it becomes more inaccurate with higher speeds) would be if your car reads 65 MPH when it is actually only going 60 MPH, which is only a 5 MPH difference. When it shows you going 120 MPH you will not actually be going 115 MPH, 5 MPH less, at this point, it will actually be less as the higher the speed the greater the inaccuracy, so it would be more like 105 MPH actual speed.

Here is a link for you on this subject: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=36

You mention how your tach is reading wrong, couldn't your speedometer be wrong as well. It could be your sensor(s) malfunctioning making your tach read wrong, but then too so could your speed sensor.

...notice none of them have replied to this...
Some of us are at work when your on here[sm=boink3.gif].

Old 03-04-2006 | 06:10 AM
spudsterier
|
Legend

i have had a cop friend of mine clock the car many times to see if the speedometer is off. and it has always been within 1 mph of what the speedometer said. we have gone all the way up to 90 mph and it has always said the same thing. if you dont wanna believe it then dont, i dont care.

Old 03-04-2006 | 06:42 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

but even if the tires were different then why would the computer program reading the speed sensor be off? wouldnt it just be the speedometer?
The speedometer and computer and what they show is determined by what the sensor(s) reads and in this case it is based on the wheel/tire combos revolutions. Changing the wheel/tire combos overall diameter will change the input that the sensor reads, thus changing what the speedometer and computer show. This leads to inaccurate speedometer and odometer readings and the faster you go the more exaggerated and inaccurate the readings become. An example (this is not the exact mathematical equation, I am just using this to show how it becomes more inaccurate with higher speeds) would be if your car reads 65 MPH when it is actually only going 60 MPH, which is only a 5 MPH difference. When it shows you going 120 MPH you will not actually be going 115 MPH, 5 MPH less, at this point, it will actually be less as the higher the speed the greater the inaccuracy, so it would be more like 105 MPH actual speed.

my car has the dohc and it doesnt have very much done to it, but it was able to keep up with this subaru wrx that runs around town and an srt-4 that a buddy has. the dohc has a better top end then the sohc does. the sohc does real good til about 90mph then starts to take more time to go faster. the dohc just keeps on goin til about 125, then takes more time. when i was racing the srt-4 we were able to hit 135. then the rev limiter kicked in. scared the hell outa my wife.(and me) i dont plan on doin that again for a while, atleast down that road.
You mention how your tach is reading wrong, couldn't your speedometer be wrong as well. It could be your sensor(s) malfunctioning making your tach read wrong, but then too so could your speed sensor.

...notice none of them have replied to this...
Some of us are at work when your on here[sm=boink3.gif].
In all honesty, as much as I do not believe that with a stock PCM there is any way that a neon is gonna top 120, maybe 125, I have to agree with his theory of the voltage going to the spedo is the same as to the PCM. Which means that the spedo should see the same MPHs as the PCM and should cut out at 120 or so no matter what was the actual speed is. But again in all honesty, I can see maybe 130 MPH with the mods mentioned, with a long straight road, The only 3 ways it would even be anywhere near possible to keep up with an SRT-4 or WRX is with a turbo motor (not cheap), very built motor ( alot more than an intake and exhuast), or are running NOS.

first off, it does have a diff. pcm, i dont have enough room in the signature to write any more, next off 135 was what a was running when along side of the srt-4, i also have a program on my lap top that plugs into the obd-2 port under the dash. it allows you to monitor various sensors and readings from your car, such as rpm's, speed sensor, and others. it also has a dyno program, and a track timer for 1/4 mile. road conditions have a factor, tires, drivers, all cars were manuals. and many other factors that can alter an outcome. i also took my cluster apart and remover the needle stopper just past 120. ive had the needle all the way to the tens digit in the odometer before the rev limiter kicked in. last time a had a camera in the car i got a pic of the needle sitting on the stopper and the car kept goin. if i can get my scanner working i will post it.
What kind of PCM do you have? Other than a PCM, intake, and full exhuast, what other mods do you have performance wise? Cause there is no way even with the best suspension and stickiest tires in the world are gonna keep up with an srt-4. I could possibily believe that you hit 135 on a 5-10 mile flat road, but that you hit it keep ing up with an SRT-4 or WRX????????????? I got some great ocean-front property in Kansas to sell you, it even comes with a boat, outhouse, and monster truck, and its only $1000, lol.

Old 03-04-2006 | 08:23 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Where was your cop friend when he clocked you at 90MPH, off to the side of the road, following you in his patrol car, etc.?

The R/T's don't have a speed limiter, they just have a rev limiter, so the whole voltage thing is moot. The R/T also has a more aggressive transmission gearing for quicker acceleration, which hinders it's top speed. The only way I could see 130+ MPH with those few mods and it's gearing would be going down a long straight empty road several miles long down a steep mountain with a huge wind pushing (as well as that SRT-4[sm=gears.gif]).

Old 03-04-2006 | 10:24 AM
spudsterier
|
Legend

well obviously it took a bit to get up that fast, if you notice one of the first pics, it has a picture of my computer, well on the bottom of the screen is the time in seconds.. the cop was sitting on the side of the road in a field entrance, when i took the picture, yes i was on a straight long road...when i was racing the srt-4 it was down a straight slightly hilly road that had a good deal of traffic, we spent most of the time singl file in the left lane, except where there wasnt any other cars and the stretch was about 7 miles...for the third time, it has the stock pcm and only the mods that i have stated before. when i had the autometer tach in the car, every gear rev limiter kicked in at about 7200 ad fifth gear kicks in at 6200....will there be anything else???

Old 03-04-2006 | 04:28 PM
casper
Legend

[sm=bustedsign.gif] I smell bull****!!!!!!!!!!!

well obviously it took a bit to get up that fast, if you notice one of the first pics, it has a picture of my computer, well on the bottom of the screen is the time in seconds.. the cop was sitting on the side of the road in a field entrance, when i took the picture, yes i was on a straight long road...when i was racing the srt-4 it was down a straight slightly hilly road that had a good deal of traffic, we spent most of the time singl file in the left lane, except where there wasnt any other cars and the stretch was about 7 miles...for the third time, it has the stock pcm and only the mods that i have stated before. when i had the autometer tach in the car, every gear rev limiter kicked in at about 7200 ad fifth gear kicks in at 6200....will there be anything else???
first off, it does have a diff. pcm,
i dont have enough room in the signature to write any more, next off 135 was what a was running when along side of the srt-4, i also have a program on my lap top that plugs into the obd-2 port under the dash. it allows you to monitor various sensors and readings from your car, such as rpm's, speed sensor, and others. it also has a dyno program, and a track timer for 1/4 mile. road conditions have a factor, tires, drivers, all cars were manuals. and many other factors that can alter an outcome. i also took my cluster apart and remover the needle stopper just past 120. ive had the needle all the way to the tens digit in the odometer before the rev limiter kicked in. last time a had a camera in the car i got a pic of the needle sitting on the stopper and the car kept goin. if i can get my scanner working i will post it.
How do you explain that???? You can't even remember what you have done to your car. What you are claiming is just not possible, but I forgot you have the magic neon, lol