1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

still dont believe me???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 03:10 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Default RE: still dont believe me???

How did you come about the 211 horsepower rating? The ignorance is on you since you simply claimed that number, without any explaination as to how it was dynoed, and if you dynoed it in the car then it would be about 100 horsepower gain due to drivetrain loss. Are you claiming to have actually pulled out the motor and hooked it up to a dyno, because if you dynoed it in the car then you full of [sm=bs.gif]. A DOHC only puts about 120+ horsepower to the wheels and if you dynoed it in the car, then that translates to almost 100 horsepower gain, actually in the 90's, which is complete [sm=bs.gif]. So if you want to continue your claims, then I suggest you provide far more details and an itemized list of all the mods, because without it your doing nothing but slinging [sm=bs.gif] and I'm still waiting for your SRT-4 run details.

Old 03-09-2006 | 05:34 PM
spudsterier
|
Legend

see here is the thing...i have listed details about the srt-4 before...exactly what is it that you are wanting???do you want me to list everything... i belive it was about 80 degrees farenheit, but it might of been more around 76... there was approimately 32-34 other cars on the road...i belive we past 14 farms, 3 large subdivisions, and 7 sheds...and 16 garages, maybe 17, i cant remember...the road was normal width...there was one 12 degree curve...i think there was about 8 hills with no passing zones...it was sunny, with no wind, and the ground was dry...the road was a nice dark black, not that faded blacktop color...i remember there being some small rocks on the road too...we were heading south at 6:12p.m. so the sun wasnt in my eyes...i had the window down which made it very windy and noisy inside my car...this was almost 1 year ago and my car had 74256 miles..it now has 117354 and has been clipped by a semi 2 monthes ago...the srt-4 was black which gives it better wind resistance, and it had semi-bald tires which mad it faster since they didnt have to spin as much...my car is red and everyone knows that red is a faster color...the farthest he was able to get ahead of me was 2.67 car lengths...otherwise i stayed next to him or behind him or infront of him...twice i dropped it into third gear at 75mph to get past him...i didnt have the heat or a/c on since it was a nice day...if i remember i was wearing shorts and a tank top so that was less weight in the car...but then again i was on my way home from wal-mart so there was roughly about 32.768kg of stuff in the trunk and i know that makes all the diference...the srt-4 was bone stock...the driver probally weighed 10 pounds less then i did...

like i said i have a 40 series flowaster that came off of a ford taurus sho, which gives it better exhaust flow with less back pressure...the muffler was in good shape, only about 3 small scratches that were the width of about the lead in a mechanicl pencil...otherwise it was like new...
the cold air intake came off of my old sohc neon..it mounts to the throttle body and runs along side the motor and the filter sits behind the motor...it gives it a really nice loud low growl...
it has a hurst short throw shifter, the shifter is black and metal, mounts in place of the old one and gives it a shorter throw..hence the name shrt throw...
it also has a msd coil pack which is in good shape and red(it matches the car)
msd 8.5mm plug wires..i recently split one down the boot so i replaced it with a stock one..so now i have only 3...4-1=3(just incase you werent sure)

the dyno said 211 wheel hosepower...if i was going to just claim a number then i woulda said 235 or 250, that way it would be more believable that it coul keep up with those cars...
otherwise i dont know if there is any internals..like i said before

so how is that mr. roadrunner... i hope that i got you enough details..if i think of anything else i will let you know...
i figure that since you like this little guy so much--->[sm=bs.gif] i would let you tell me what i listed is b.s....you know, since you do know everything about what i said and everything about my car...hope this works for you...

Old 03-10-2006 | 12:30 AM
77355ss

I think this 71 roadrunner guy should just keep to himself!!!!! I have seen this car and drove this car (red 98 neon spud's) and it fast" for a 4 cylinder"!!! and 120 is not the top speed the speedo is NOT off the tires are stock size. there is no way the speedo is off so when the pointer is well over 120 its well over 120. The guy in the srt4 told him when they were side by side they were at 135 [>:]

oh by the way i would like to know about that roadrunner and if your ever out this way i would love to have a chance at smokin that thing!!!!!!![:@]

Old 03-10-2006 | 03:17 AM
shnormo
Veteran

That picture is kinda awkward. Does it have a nub to prevent the needle from going around.

Old 03-10-2006 | 04:48 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier
see here is the thing...i have listed details about the srt-4 before...exactly what is it that you are wanting???do you want me to list everything...
The only thing I've seen mentioned about the SRT-4 was that you were running with one when the limiter kicked in at 135 MPH which leaves tons of open space and missing story. You didn't say how the run went, how well you kept up with it. You claim to be able to hang with a stock WRX above freeway speeds. You claimed to be able to hang with a stock SRT-4 too. If you can just hang with a stock WRX at that high speed, then how can you also hang with a stock SRT-4 at that high of speed when a stock SRT-4 will easily walk away from a stock WRX at those same speeds?

the dyno said 211 wheel hosepower...if i was going to just claim a number then i woulda said 235 or 250, that way it would be more believable that it coul keep up with those cars...
I figured you would say that and it helps because you made this comment, "and i think that road runer should do better math. 211 isnt close to 100hp more then my car came with stock. it is closer to 50hp. being that it would actually be 61." It is when your talking WHP as opposed to BHP, you cannot compare the difference using two completely different means of measure, you need to convert one to the other and since the DOHC is around 120 WHP stock it puts the difference at around 91 horsepower, which is close enough to 100 horsepower. Now who is it that needs those math lessons?[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Now this brings us to the second part that repeats the fact that your full of [sm=bs.gif]. The mods you have couldn't result in a 90+ WHP gain in your wet dreams even. So, either your not listing everything done to it or your simply full of BS, either way your lying.[sm=bustedsign.gif]

so how is that mr. roadrunner... i hope that i got you enough details..if i think of anything else i will let you know...
i figure that since you like this little guy so much--->[sm=bs.gif] i would let you tell me what i listed is b.s....you know, since you do know everything about what i said and everything about my car...hope this works for you...
That was completely asinine and juvenile, a true reflection of the source.[sm=GrowUp.gif]

It's also nice to see that you brought your boyfriend (77355ss), sorry, I mean "life partner", to hold your hand, or possibly something else, through this. And I'm sure whatever he has probably couldn't beat the bigwheel I had when I was 5 years old, even after I put it on a set of train tracks to get smashed.

But then again you also claim not to care what we say or think, too.[sm=idontcare.gif]

Old 03-10-2006 | 06:16 AM
spudsterier
|
Legend

he came in here on jis own. i didnt tell him to respond. that was up to him. besides you just a sad little man because your srt-4 isnt all that. besides i love neons but a subaru would be so much better. maybe you should check the forum where this started at to get better info....dumb ***....my only wet dream involves me and a roadrunner....you

Old 03-10-2006 | 08:08 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

he came in here on jis own. i didnt tell him to respond. that was up to him. besides you just a sad little man because your srt-4 isnt all that. besides i love neons but a subaru would be so much better. maybe you should check the forum where this started at to get better info....dumb ***....my only wet dream involves me and a roadrunner....you
Boy do I ever detect a lot of jealousy here, you cannot stand the fact that you wish you had an SRT-4 or a WRX........and for some odd reason me, but I don't go that way[sm=forgetit.gif]. I'm not the one that has lowered himself to name calling and other petty childish antics.[sm=GrowUp.gif] I've checked back to where this started many times and I keep getting the same thing, your BS and some laughs.

I like the way you completely ignore the facts and the truth using your attempt at attacking me to mask it.[sm=lame.gif]

Old 03-10-2006 | 09:53 AM
spudsterier
|
Legend

any attempt to attack you is pointless. its like trying to tell a mentally retarded def person that they could be the einstein...worthless.
i do belive that i can stand the fact that i dont have an srt-4 or wrx, because i havent gone out and got one yet.but if i did then i would rather hae a wrx anyday. i think that you are just jelous that my regular old neon can keep up with cars like that. thats why you cant just deal with it. there always has to be a factor that wouldnt let this be...but face it...it did. you said that you havent lowered yourself to name calling or petty childish antics???well what about my boyfriend, or "life partner" that you were talking about...that sounds like name calling to me and besides how old are you???...i would guess maybe 9...and besides i did say how well i kept up with the srt-4...again you just need to learn how to read...if you want i can get you hooked-on-phonics, just let me know...and i said that i kept up with the srt-4 at 135mph...i never said that was how fast we were goin with the wrx...you assumed that, again you need to read...and like i said that you keep ignoring...THE CAR WAS USED AND HAD STUFF DONE TO IT ALREDY, MAYBE IT HAS INTERNALS?!?!?!?...WHAT ABOUT THIS CONCEPT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND...i cant think of any other way to spell this out for you.
you said that you destroyed you big wheel when you were five?...how will you get around without your wheels?
you stated that you wanted the details about the deal with the srt-4, so i gave them too you in as much detail as i could think of and its still not good enough for you...and it was assinine and juvenile???...i dont know of any other way that i can brake this down for someone that doesnt know what exactly they want...do me a favor and think before you write...
here is to thinkin of you[sm=drlove.gif]

Old 03-10-2006 | 10:12 AM
spudsterier
|
Legend

there is supposed to be a stopper just after the 120 to stop the needle but i removed it to see how far it would go

Old 03-10-2006 | 11:18 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

mmm.....interesting....my car has more stuff done.....yet yours is running faster? Hmmm.....