1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Noob here needs help plz.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM
p3
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noob here needs help plz.

Hmm something i needed to ask is where is the darn compressor i tried looking for it on the left with ac on, there were two wheel things turning with belt on it, but couldnt really find the ac thingy, i looked at some video and there is nothing like that there. Am i looking at right place (left side of engine where that low side pressure valve is). Got pic to tell me where is the ac mechanism and where to look when its working.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:57 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you find your power steering pump, it's below that on the bottom part of the engine.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

you can pick up a haynes book at any canadian tire. Where abouts in Canada are you?

Old 06-29-2006, 03:14 PM
tomthedog
Captain

left front side of engine bay you will see a pulley that has a belt (aprox 1/4 inch wide). this is your power steering pump. right below that is the a/c compressor that runs on the same belt. this belt should go around 3 pulleys. crankshaft, a/c compressor, and power steering.

if it goes around 2 and the 3rd is there turn the middle of the a/c compressor (should be able to turn by hand), if it's stuck you need a new compressor.

dude, i like working in cars and i like helping people out. quite a few Q's U been asking can be found in a "Haynes" book that you can get at the local parts store. they are WELL worth the money. every car i've bought used the very first stop i make is to get one. please don't think i'm telling you to get lost, but this will give you access to a lot of info to any car model you ever thought you might need.

not trying to be an A$$, just some advice, keep writing back. good luck.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:39 AM
p3
Rookie

ORIGINAL: dogdaysunrise

you can pick up a haynes book at any canadian tire. Where abouts in Canada are you?
very close to u infact in saskatoon area. Its a darn small town with real bad roads i am starting to hate it more and more lots of darn potholes too.

And tom everyone likes free advise . I just try to be cheap and save few 14$ or more i guess cause i think the back light over the number plate is dead too . I see 2 pullies only i think i will go check tomorrow morning if there are 2 or 3 , but car has an A/C switch and i asked the old owner and he says yaa every summer they like get a/c recharged, so i suppose it exists in the car.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:56 PM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

our roads suck too. There will be 2 belts on your car. one goes back towards the firewall, that is for he Alternator. The other goes forward towards you. If you have A/C there will be 2 pulleys (3 if you count the crank pulley that both belts run from) The top is your powersteering, then the bottom is your A/C.

Another way to tell is if you look in the passenger side fender on the inside of the motor compartment, there should be a silver canister with hardlines running from it.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:25 PM
tomthedog
Captain

i have a 96 shoc 5spd with a/c. on the fan switch (on the dash) it has both blue and red dots for speed control. blue is for a/c, red is for the fan on with no a/c. does yours look like this? if it don't follow the bigger silver line to the front of the car and see if it goes to anything. if it don't...you don't have an a/c compressor. from the pic's it looks like you got everything else.

for the plate light, try the bulb first. happy motoring.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:42 PM
p3
Rookie

u mean urs looks like this: http://www.sbclansite.com/carpics/100_0005.JPG ?? look at the center, and i looked under the hood again seems like there are 3 actually 4 maybe pulleys, and that haynes book is like 32$ here.plus i cannot probably get the recharge kit here in canada cause its banned in canada and only those authorized to service cars can import it or use it.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

you can get Hot Shots in Canada, it is a coolent replacement you can get them at heating and refridgeration stores.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:15 PM
p3
Rookie

ORIGINAL: dogdaysunrise

you can get Hot Shots in Canada, it is a coolent replacement you can get them at heating and refridgeration stores.
But neon needs r134a wont putting anything else *** up the ac? And what exactly is this hot shots?

Quick Reply: Noob here needs help plz.