1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Rear View Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006 | 02:13 AM
Drunkship
|
Rookie
Default Rear View Mirror

I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with fixing your rear view mirrior to accommodate for the bass of your car?

Ever since I got my sub put in, I really haven't been able to use my rear view mirror. Every bass note makes the mirror dance around and ultimately move downward, so after about 10 seconds into a song, if I look through the mirrior I am seeing the bottom portion of my back seats. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, the mirror vibrating is killing me. Is there any way to fix the mirror from rattling?

There's only one screw that that connects the mirror to the windshield and as always it's tight so that's not the problem.

Any help or suggestions guys?

Thanks again,
Drunkship

Old 08-21-2006 | 02:24 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Default RE: Rear View Mirror

with a car as small as the neon any decent stereo will cause that...there isnt much of a way to fix it...without turning down the stereo...i have had this problem with every neon that ive owned...

the only thing i can recommend is to go to a junk yard and try to find a mirror with stiffer pivot points

Old 08-21-2006 | 04:54 AM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional

I been competing stereos for almost 6 years now, there is no fix. You could try to find a new mirror with stiffer pivot points, that will only last you for so long. Just learn to deal with it or turn it down. I owned a Chevy Blazer and the mirror ended up on the floor while I was in a competition, when I went to put it back, I noticed that the metal had broke. I had to replace the whole damn thing. I think that you will find that the rear view mirror is overrated anyways. I haven't used mine in years.

Old 08-21-2006 | 06:57 AM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

Do you have an alarm in your neon? If not someone real soon will be the new owner of that sub and amp lol. Get an alarm ASAP if you havent already thought about it.

Old 08-21-2006 | 09:34 AM
spudsterier
Legend

the stereo i had im my old neon consisted of 4 audiobahn 12's....a 2400 watt audiobahn amp...and 2-500 watt orion xtreme amps...all audiobahn interior speakers...and a pioneer 9300 head unit......
this stereo was VERY loud!!!....the rear view mirrow always moved down...it would even vibrate my glasses off my face....but i just delt with it....

now the stereo in my rango is 3 kicker solo-baric L7's and a pheonix gold 1500 watt amp....it is real loud, but not like the neon was...the mirror moves in it pretty bad but i cant fix it.......my wife was 2 cars behind me at a stop light and it was moving the mirrors in my car.....i love it

Old 08-21-2006 | 11:42 AM
das2123
Legend

Even my stock system in my 99 vibrated the mirror .

Old 08-22-2006 | 12:06 AM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional

Alarms are useless, by the time somebody shows up to do something it's too late. If you really want to protect your investment get a garage, dog and a gun. The bigger the gun the better. That's a sure way to keep your gear in your trunk. You will also need a throw away. If you don't know what that is, you're prolly better off not knowing. If all of this fails, you prolly deserve having your gear stolen. Oh yeah, give up on fixing the mirror. If you're fast enough it doesn't really matter who is behind you.

Old 08-22-2006 | 12:23 AM
spudsterier
Legend

and by the time you show up with the gun it will be too late....alarms are just used to scare people...if i were to break into a car i would rather break into one without an alarm then with

Old 08-22-2006 | 06:16 AM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

Most people that steal stereos just walk right by a car with an alarm. If your smart and you take your face plate off and disconnect your trunk lever it would take somebody at least 5 minutes to get your deck (because he is gonna look for the face plate) then another couple of minutes to pry the trunk open. Chances are they arent gonna wanna be doing that with an alarm blaring.

Old 08-22-2006 | 11:39 AM
das2123
Legend

I don't think alarms are useless, I think they scare off the amateurs though. After having my stereo stolen twice w/an alarm on there I decided to add some extra bolts to the radio. The 3rd time it was broken into, the idiots couldn't figure out how to get it out . That was while I was living in an apt, got a home now, so I'm not so worried. I didn't even have a system...just a Kenwood CD player.

Quick Reply: Rear View Mirror