the unthinkable happend

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:27 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: the unthinkable happend

ORIGINAL: daveyg

(bonus is, it's a higher compression one :-)
Actually the SOHC has higher compression than the DOHC.

Try www.car-part.com to search for engines around you.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try http://Car-parts.com Someone on here a while ago got me hip to that one. A really good source to find stuff. I just ordered an alternator yesterday and its suppose to get here to day only cost !$14.95 total with ship was $26 and it was graded as A with no core charge because he had to ship it. not sure if all the yards on that site do it but the one I found in my state did

Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
das2123
Legend

Did you not read my post, right before yours???

Old 08-29-2006, 03:25 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

opps my bad lol it was an automatic mental thing going on there now I have to think of some other link............... ok so you won this round but Ill be back

Old 08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: daveyg

(bonus is, it's a higher compression one :-)
Actually the SOHC has higher compression than the DOHC.
i think he is talkin about the example motor....the one for his truck

Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran

wow this site has cheap stuff u spent 600 on a trans for my honda and i found it for 300 wow thanks guys for the help
hey do you guys know anything about honda
it is a manual transmission and it poped out of 5th so i stop the car and put the cluth in and shifted in and out of all the gears and then
i left the car on fith gear by mistake and then tried to take off and then the car stalled on me and never turned back on till i came to a hill and i put it in gear and it turned on and then it never turned back on what you think?> i think it the trans and clutch what you think
btw i check the battery and it was at 12 or 14 volts thanks

Old 08-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Thansen

Not sure why it's "unthinkable" for a Honda to die, but oh well. My Civics (all 3 of them) have left me stranded at least twice per car, if not more. Only one of them has over 100K miles. Anyway, here's my suggestion.

This is a common problem on Honda's. When they get older, they tend to just "die" and never start up again. First, check the main relay. Turn the key to the on position, but do not start the car. Listen for the fuel pump priming the engine and see if the check engine light goes out after a few seconds. If the fuel pump doesn't cycle, AND the engine light stays on, it should be the main relay.

If you have spark and fuel delivery, try these below. If not, you know what to do. What I really think (to the original poster) is that the head gasket is blown and that you don't have enough compression to start the car. But, a lot of other things could have happened, so check out below.

Or try using Starter fluid to get your car going. If it fires and runs, then check 1 and 3. If it fires but doesn't run, then I suggest trying all below except the #2 and #6. If it doesn't fire at all, then go straight to #5 as that is probably your best bet.

1. First try this. Check your battery at Autozone or something, EVEN IF IT IS NEW. You may have a low charge which will turn your engine just fine (it will sound healthy enough), but not provide enough power to start it. New batteries can go out too you know. I had one that died 2 months after being new.

2. If that is fine, try unplugging your battery for a few minutes to reset your car. Then replug and try again.

3. Still no starty, check the air filter. If it's bad, replace with new. If it's not bad, replace with K & N Just kidding.

4. If that doesn't work, check the fuel filters to see if they are too plugged. They will let fuel into the engine, but not enough to start it.

5. Car still no runny, then check your ignition timing. I had a buddy with a 92 Shadow that one day just decided not to start at all. He had spark, and did everything above to check it. He checked the fuel injection, the fuel pump, the battery, etc. When he checked his ignition timing, the belt had skipped 2 teeth over. This could happen to a new belt especially if it hasn't been tensioned right. It will work for a month or so until it streches out. Then, bam it skips and your toast. I think Hondas are interferance engines, so that might not be a possibility of the timing belt skipping.

6. About ready to call a junkyard to tow it away? Check the FI injectors to see if they be plugged. If so, replace or clean.

Still doesn't start? Well, now you got me. I tried.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:22 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: Thansen

Not sure why it's "unthinkable" for a Honda to die, but oh well. My Civics (all 3 of them) have left me stranded at least twice per car, if not more. Only one of them has over 100K miles. Anyway, here's my suggestion.
The unthinkable thing is the guy having to part with his neon in the 1st post, not the Honda!! Read the whole post to avoid confusion.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:19 PM
spudsterier
Legend

and then?

Old 08-29-2006, 07:26 PM
spudsterier
Legend

hey im glad you guys posted that site...ive been trying to figure it out for like a week now[:@]

Quick Reply: the unthinkable happend