1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What Can i do to make and Naturaly Aspirated SOHC???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006 | 12:38 AM
xdeathwishx
Professional
Default RE: What Can i do to make and Naturaly Aspirated SOHC???

ORIGINAL: 95sohcny

i got a 95 and the stock cam sucks i put a comp cam in it the comp cam around $400 is extremely impressive the underdrive pulley made a bit of difference becaust it was like 2 inches smaller the intake manifold with the 60mm throttle bodie would do good junk the intake you got and prepare to pay while you search for an iceman cai msd ignition maybe it helps maybe it doesn't i noticed a little quicker rev the mopar computer was nice but i really didn't notice a difference besides the rev limit

also if you like what i am doing is going with a custom mounted centrifugal supercharger from vortech (off of the 93 mustang) 20psi just need a custom bracket made to replace your ac or power steering

<--95 dodge neon sohc obd2 rear disc brakes rear abs cams headers clutch flywheel pulley exhaust computer short shifter msd ignition some titanium crap with the cam running 15 1/4 will run 13 with the supercharger at about 8psi built for nos but i took the nos off not my thing
3 paragraphs, not a single period. Awesome.

--The grammar police.

Old 09-24-2006 | 12:42 AM
xdeathwishx
Professional

i like the front end of the car a lot... the taillights are a little too much. spoiler too, considering its front wheel drive and all... I like the color also.

Old 09-24-2006 | 02:33 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

wow the 95 cam actually has some overlap

Old 09-24-2006 | 05:38 AM
95sohcny

hey thanks for the feedback about s/c the bracket is the easy part the rest yes is going to be dificult but i got some people ready and willing to work on it one idea was to actually try to flip the throttle body upside down to make piping easier any feedback on that and as to the original post

pull the head get it done up cams ect. then intake manifold and throttle body i have been told the tb out of the auto will actually make a difference if you don't wanna spend a lot don't know how much difference though

also the guy that said 400whp out of a sohc i would like to try to beat that i am also curious that definately wasn't all engine right

and as for the periods well **** those are for girls

Old 09-24-2006 | 08:39 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

well if you have an aluminum intake, and can do it right, i dont think it would be hard to flip the TB over either, just have to be a good welder and be able to get inside to smooth it out again, then plumbing probly wouldnt be so bad
i dunno to me anything can be done, ive built race cars of all different types and fabricated a hell of alot of stuff to make anything work with anything & i guess im just used to having all the tools and things to use to make about anything i want
i just took apart the TB in my SOHC daily driver, bored the hell out of it with a cylinder hoan,cut half shaft, runs a little better in the top end, its not a big jump, but a little noticeable

Old 09-24-2006 | 06:55 PM
xdeathwishx
Professional

ill let the periods slide because you have a sweet neon.

Old 09-24-2006 | 07:28 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker

lol grammar police. ....... ........................... ...... . .. . . . . .
there - those should make up for some of my posts
i have a beat to hell neon with a blown up engine... it just looks good in the pictures

Old 09-24-2006 | 07:55 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: 95sohcny
also the guy that said 400whp out of a sohc i would like to try to beat that i am also curious that definately wasn't all engine right
ALL MOTOR!!! It was a thing of beauty...he recently parted it out though.

Old 09-25-2006 | 02:45 AM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

a good upgrade for a notice in power would be to drop out the slushbox and put in an MTX

***EDIT***

I should always read before i type

i see you already did the swap.

Old 09-25-2006 | 04:17 AM
dj_mars

u can always take out the engine and bore it out....over size the valves and air ram hood exhaust and Port Fueler by hahn racecraft no turbo or n/a. n/a i was told is good for near 100hp need a hefty spark thoe

Quick Reply: What Can i do to make and Naturaly Aspirated SOHC???