1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What Can i do to make and Naturaly Aspirated SOHC???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006 | 04:18 AM
dj_mars
Default RE: What Can i do to make and Naturaly Aspirated SOHC???

u can always take out the engine and bore it out....over size the valves and air ram hood,huge exhaust and Port Fueler by hahn racecraft no turbo or n/a. n/a i was told is good for near 100hp need a hefty spark thoe

Old 09-25-2006 | 12:05 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: dj_mars
Port Fueler by hahn racecraft no turbo or n/a. n/a i was told is good for near 100hp need a hefty spark thoe
Wouldn't that cause the car too run way rich?

Old 09-26-2006 | 04:16 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

i dont belive it

Old 09-26-2006 | 06:13 PM
dj_mars

it has a ecu that controlls the amount of fuel and dont run till the ecu turns the fueler on when ur at higher rpms thus were u need the hotter spark to ignite more fuel runs the 4 stock injectors and 4 more for the fueler works better on turbo cars but can be dyno tuned for n/a's fuel curve will be set to the diff rpms mad hp

Old 09-26-2006 | 06:18 PM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

my friend's dad use to have a 95 neon (now he has an SRT-4)

he got the this neon to be as fast as an SRT-4 with around 4K
and i'm pretty sure it was all motor

Old 09-26-2006 | 06:51 PM
das2123
Legend

it has a ecu that controlls the amount of fuel and dont run till the ecu turns the fueler on when ur at higher rpms thus were u need the hotter spark to ignite more fuel runs the 4 stock injectors and 4 more for the fueler works better on turbo cars but can be dyno tuned for n/a's fuel curve will be set to the diff rpms mad hp
But how does adding more fuel help HP???

Old 09-28-2006 | 08:46 PM
Psycobodyman

Hey thanks a LOT guys!!! i Dont know whick way i want to go turbo or all motor it's just the question of the day for me. And the spoiler is no more! I knew it wouldn't be functional on a front wheel drive (only the Ricers think that) the car was only show and now i want both i got the looks and now i need the power to go along with it. So thanks again everyone!!

Old 09-29-2006 | 08:01 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

adding more fuel can not add any more power unless you add oxygen ("air" for all those that dont understand that big word) along with the fuel
a little extra fuel and a little hotter spark can add a little bit of power if its already running lean, but you go dumping fuel into an engine all its gonna do is start burbling & pouring black smoke cuz theres not enough oxygen to burn the extra fuel

Old 09-29-2006 | 08:05 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Psycobodyman

Hey thanks a LOT guys!!! i Dont know whick way i want to go turbo or all motor it's just the question of the day for me. And the spoiler is no more! I knew it wouldn't be functional on a front wheel drive (only the Ricers think that) the car was only show and now i want both i got the looks and now i need the power to go along with it. So thanks again everyone!!
if it were me i'd tear an engine down and build the hell out of it, make it all motor, do it crazy & put a carburater on it, i dont need electronics and vaccum cleaner parts to go fast! lol

Quick Reply: What Can i do to make and Naturaly Aspirated SOHC???