1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

full drag neon ***tube chassis***

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 03:27 AM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, my account is gone, so here we go...

looks like its coming along nicely dazzeller.....u spank a stock srt4 at 4psi....damn how big is the turbo?? hey where did u get that innovate wideband thing and how much did it run you....does it work as good as the wideband a/fgauge?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:04 AM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star

Damn.. that looks cool man.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Dazzellerr
Veteran

ORIGINAL: FastNeon84

looks like its coming along nicely dazzeller.....u spank a stock srt4 at 4psi....damn how big is the turbo?? hey where did u get that innovate wideband thing and how much did it run you....does it work as good as the wideband a/fgauge?
my friend has a n/a 1st gen that runs a wild 14.3 or less now, and he was in the car while we tuned it on the street. he wants to race me but says that i will spank him. also stated that from his butt dyno, i could easily hand a stock srt its a$$ on the 4 psi we were running at.
i payed about 400 bucks for the wideband, inovate, from modern performance. if you actually have a wideband a/f guage, then it will be about the same, but this allows me to datalog my runs on my laptop, along with some attatchments in the future like the extra rpm reader so i can see exactly where i am running lean or rich apon rpm and boost. if your guage has "lean, stoich, and rich" instead of a digital ready for the afr's. it is probably nothing more than a fancy o2 sensor lol. those would be a narrow band a/f guage and are just like an o2 sensor. i have one, just not on my car because they are useless unless you just want to keep an eye on the afr/s readings. it wont tell you the exact afr ie: 12.5, it will just say "stoich" or "lean" or whatever. really not a good tool to tune with, more to monitor what your a/f is doing. but if it is a wideband guage, it whould give an exact readout of the afr's and SHOULD be able to datalog, ect. one of the attatchments for the inovate lm-1 is the guage, which is digital, and has the ability to datalog, i think that is an extra 100+ bucks tho.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:18 AM
Dazzellerr
Veteran

oh yeah, turbo is the stage 1 16g from hahn.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:23 AM
lblackneon
Champion

Wow! U completely disassembled the car. Lookin good so far. Keep up the good work. I wish I know how to work on cars like that.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:05 AM
QuiK615
Veteran

I wish i had the money to put that in my car, I sure have the time all i have to do is borrow my moms explorer to work[8D]

Old 03-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Dazzellerr
Veteran

kind of going by ear lol. the most i have ever done to any car was this neon and that was only a head gasket at first, then the tranny when it went. all this i am doing is totally new to me.
i have only spent 4k so far lol. 1k last year, and 4 this year, well, 4k in the last 4 months lol.
this white makes my old white look yellow haha.
i decided that i am going to fix the little dings and dents to the best of my ability, never primed now painted nor fixed dents before, so far, it seems to be pretty fun um work lol.

i need to get this paint done so i can get it down to the emissions van and get it passed so i can go tune it on the street at 9psi or more. my friend with a 9 second talon says i am being a vag and to turn the boost up to like 11psi (he is running 44spi with a 100 shot of nitrous on his 4g63t) i told him i am a big sandy vag when it comes to that lol.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Dazzellerr
Veteran

well, hood is "finished" and primered. stupid hood scoop. i didnt spend too much time on it cause i am eventually going to do something different, but you get the idea...

Old 03-30-2007, 02:24 AM
tdizz07
Rookie

whats so bad about honda's?

Old 03-30-2007, 05:55 PM
QuiK615
Veteran

Dazzler if you come up with a tutorial for making that hood scoop I will be very greatful! that looks badass[sm=bling.gif]

Quick Reply: full drag neon ***tube chassis***