1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Srt4 turbo on 2.0 dohc motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 07:20 AM
kris95neonspt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srt4 turbo on 2.0 dohc motor

Well i guess this is a question for spud. I noticed that the top of the srt4 manifold that bolts to the cylinder head has 2 extra bolts does it still seal without exhaust leaks and what exhaust gasket do you use the 2.0's or the 2.4's and what intercooler pipeing and intercooler did you use? how did you make the down pipe fit to the the exhaust?

Old 03-25-2007, 03:00 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Srt4 turbo on 2.0 dohc motor

ok...here it goes
you dont have to worry about the extra 2 bolt holes......it still does seal perfectly fine without any problems......
i used the regular 2.0 gasket
i used the srt4 stock intercooler and bought a cheap 2.5" intercooler piping kit off of ebay...all you need to do is cut some of the pieces down and you will have about half of the pipe kit left over after your done..
which part of the downpipe are you asking about????but,
i got the stock srt4 catalytic convertor.....it bolts right up to the srt 02 housing and will actually mount inplace of our stock cat. convertor like its supposed to be there...
any more question, just ask

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/3A85661B4C0B49D4B29A36EC8E7D100A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/F8AE82BE917747B1BCF7065878FE41A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-26-2007, 03:33 AM
kris95neonspt
Professional

Hey spud i have another question what is that below the turbo attached to the block behind the oil lines for the turbo i think a sensor was there? One other question did u ever get a chance to see how fast you do in a 1/4 mile before the motor blew was just wondering what the car is capable of doing so i know when i get my turbo put on.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 AM
spudsterier
Legend

if you are talking about the bras looking thing, then that would be the T fitting that i made for my oil feed line.....and the brass part is the sending unit for the oil pressure gauge.......

ive never gotten a chance to time it.....
but there is a spot that i had marked out on a back road in the country that with my stock r/t would get up to about 90mph......my moms wrx would get to about 105mph...and the r/t with the turbo and about 7psi would hit about 115mph......but thats the closest ive gotten
when it gets done its deffinately goin to the track

Old 03-27-2007, 12:22 AM
kris95neonspt
Professional

What kind of oil sending unit did you use the one off the srt 4 or an aftermarket one and where did you bolt it to? Sorry about all the dumb questions im new at forced induction systems i'm only very knowledgeable at all motor engine without forced induction. Is there anyway you can give me a list of all the parts you used to make that srt 4 kit run on your motor and reliable.I know about all the engine internals to use such as low compression pistions, stronger rods, andbalance crank but not much about any of the other stuff like fueling system oil system. Sorry for all the dumb questions agian.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:21 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i made a T fitting that replaced the stock oil sending unit....one outlet of the T went to my oil feed line and the other outlet of the T is where the autometer oil sending unit is connected to.....
there is a list floating around on here sum where, but i will try and remember what all was used:
other then internal motor parts is used,
srt4 turbo/manifold
srt4 02 housing
srt4 catalytic convertor
srt4 intercooler
mopar blow off valve
2.5" intercooler piping....off of ebay
walbro 255lph external fuel pump
walbro 255lph intank pump module....bought it and figured i would just use it though i didnt need to
1/4" fuel return line
map clamp....get a hahn, its easies since its non adjustable, unlike the ebay ones that you have to tune

i used an autometer fuel regulator, but have recently got a begi regulator instead
your probally gonna want to upgrade your injectors
you have to modify the intank fuel pump to fit it for a return line
i used the stock srt4 oil feed line and return line tube.....i chopped up the feed line and used some rubber hose to make a 90 degree bend and fit it to my oil T.....i used the stock return line and removed the rubberhose it came with so i was just left with the metal tube...then had to bend it a bit so it wouldnt hit the cat. convertor..then connected a hose to it and ran it under the steering rack and then to the fitting that i put in the top of the oil pan...

i know there is more and i have tons of pics...so if you wanna give me your email address i will send you all the pics i can....and if you have any more questions, just ask

Old 03-27-2007, 11:59 PM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker

send pics here too!u got my email right?

Old 03-28-2007, 12:42 AM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star

yeah I would like some pics too man lol pm for the email or check my profile, I think its on there

Quick Reply: Srt4 turbo on 2.0 dohc motor