1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

KEGGER MOD question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Detore344
Anything you can tell me more specifically about the special abrasive wheels? Is there anything you know of for a smaller tool like the dremel that help in the tighter spaces? Thank you by the way. So far you've been more helpful than the guy at McLendon.
The handiest attachment you'll ever buy!
http://www.lowes.com/pd_94685-353-22...mel&facetInfo=

Here are the cutting wheels.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_241285-353-E...mel&facetInfo=

Both these can be bought a lot cheaper on Ebay.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Detore344
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
The handiest attachment you'll ever buy!
http://www.lowes.com/pd_94685-353-22...mel&facetInfo=

Here are the cutting wheels.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_241285-353-E...mel&facetInfo=

Both these can be bought a lot cheaper on Ebay.
Thanks alot. The flex shaft I have, but I don't believe I knew about that particular cutting wheel. It says it lasts twice as long as the regular fiberglass wheels. Hope so. The fiberglass ones don't last long at all.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

bwdakrt has been showing off his work in the 2nd gen section
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...elievable.html

Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
bwdakrt has been showing off his work in the 2nd gen section
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...elievable.html
Yeah, it's been a while since I've done this setup so we'll see how I get along with this damn arthritis in my hands. I'll probably wish I'd never started the project!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

if i was not so nervous about messing up my ramcharger and not being able to find replacement parts i would probably take a swing at doing that type of modification to it. i think just cleaning up the intake just make the engine looks a lot cleaner.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Detore344
Amateur

if i was not so nervous about messing up my ramcharger and not being able to find replacement parts i would probably take a swing at doing that type of modification to it. i think just cleaning up the intake just make the engine looks a lot cleaner.
Well, last year when the motor I built for several thousands of dollars broke a piston after 22 miles, I didn't know about the kegger mod. Once I finally jumped back into the game in May, I learned about this mod and debated with myself about it for a while. I still have an extra intake from when I bought the 360, so I figured if I screw it up, I'll still have an extra. For what it's worth, I know how hard it can be to find parts for the 92 and 93 RC's. But stock intakes are easy. If you have a pick and pull anywhere near you, there are plenty of magnum engines in jeeps, vans, trucks, and anything else that took that motor from Chrysler during that era, and they only charge like $30 for one. I've contemplated grabbing another one just to have on hand. But if you're having a hard time finding anything else for a Ramcharger, let me know. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

thanks. i know i could pull a engine or intake out of something a bit newer and make it work but i know i don't currently have some of the proper tools to do the work. i think i almost need to get a job at the junkyard so i can find the parts i need as they come in.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Detore344
Amateur

thanks. i know i could pull a engine or intake out of something a bit newer and make it work but i know i don't currently have some of the proper tools to do the work. i think i almost need to get a job at the junkyard so i can find the parts i need as they come in.
Because of the EGR, you wouldn't really need to pull it from anything newer. There are tons of Vans and Grand Cherokees from the early 90's that have the same intake. They still have the EGR and the same Coolant temp set up. If you live in a region where emissions aren't an issue, you can take any intake from a Magnum motor and delete the Egr. You would still need to find an intake with the right coolant temp set up, but once again, Vans and Grand Cherokees. According to the Pick and Pull Website, $29.99 + $4.99 core. On Car-Part.com they are listed between $30-$150, and there you don't have to take it off yourself, but you would most likely pay some shipping.

As for tools,...*sigh* After nickle and diming myself to death on dremel bits and various other bad ideas, I found some old metal shaving bits in an ammo case full of drill bits my mom got me from an estate sale about a hundred years ago. They fit in my air powered die grinder and I have no doubt they will do far better than the tools I've been using so far. Had 'em all along. So who knows,...?

Quick Reply: KEGGER MOD question