1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3rd gen seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Comrade General
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd gen seats

Ive looked around and found a couple pretty good threads on other sites about swapping 3rd gen seats into a first gen but I was wondering if anyone here has done it and how they like it. Some people said they liked 2nd gen seats better and others say they like the 3rd gen ones better. Read the 3rd gen seats take some fabricating to make it work.

Wondering because I found a wrecked 3rd gen with some pretty nice seats in it and it made me start thinking about swapping and it seams like the people that I saw swapped them liked them better.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:43 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional

I have often thought about swapping in some seats out of a newer dodge, i like the bench that has the folddown center part that you can open and put stuff in. Thought with my luck if I bought one i'd find out it was too wide to fit in the old truck. Where were you reading about this and any chance ya could post a link? thanks!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 3rd gen Ram seats are crap, off all the trucks I have owned, I have replaced the faom and drivers set fabric far too many times under warenty and at my own expense.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Comrade General
Captain
Old 12-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Scooter78
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd Gen seats seem to be the favorites to swap into our trucks, although I have read that it takes away some leg room. For that reason, I have been looking for other potential donors. The one that keeps coming to mind is the bench with the wide fold down arm rest from the 80's and early 90's F-Series Fords. Great seats IMO. I just havent had a chance to take measurments of one lately. Anyone have one of those Fords around that you could take a tape to?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Comrade General
Captain

Well this is going to get delayed anyway. Took my truck to the shop today to balance my tires and it turns out they are in alot worse shape then I thought. Not only is the tread getting down to the first layer under the top layer but the two tires that actually have good tread, something is wrong with them. The guy figures the belts have shifted so those turned out to be a waste of money.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional

Thanks for the link General, I never look at diesel truck sites because my truck isn't a diesel, but i bookmarked that site because I bet i will find a lot more useful info over there, sorry to hear about your tires

eric.b I have a 89 ford f150 extended cab truck here, it has a bench seat that splits in the middle so it's prob not the seat you are talking about but the mounting brackets might be in the same places I could take any measurements ya want anytime

Last edited by beakerztoyz; 12-19-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

DTR has a lot of diy info. they even got a good headlight relay diy. here is the thread that has most of the stuff fairly organized. not all of it will work with gas trucks but i would guess a lot of it will.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...t-t102027.html

Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Oh, dear. That page got bookmarked.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

there is a lot of good info over there but the mods seem to be very up tight. i know most of the WTF thread would have been deleted if it was posted over there. they seem to have no sense of humor.

Quick Reply: 3rd gen seats